XO

Rose's POV
I sat on the couch, a book in one hand and an iced coffee in the other.

I sighed and ran my hands through my hair, and Grace knocked at the door. I was expecting her, so I answered, and her small body passed mine. She was about 5'2", while I stood at 5'7". Even though I was the younger sibling, I was always taller, making people think I was older.

We both sat on the couch, Grace facing me.

She knew about it all, I texted her most of it the night before, and she read it this morning.

Patrick still clouded my thoughts sometimes, like when I was alone at night, or when I was upset, because I just wanted him to be there.

Not even romantically, just as my best friend.

I wanted that back, I missed all those times he would come over to see me, or talk to me for hours on the phone. I just miss him, his personality.

His old personality. Not this one.

But now, Pete was in my thoughts, too. He always was, but recently, a lot more. Sometimes, when I would be alone, I just wanted him to be there. I wanted to hear his voice when he was gone, or see that heartwarming smile he gave whenever he was around me.

The thoughts of him were occurring way more often than the thoughts of Patrick, and I took that as a sign.

Grace could tell I was deep in thought. She cleared her throat and I snapped out of it, taking a sip of my coffee.

"So, how's things with you and Andy?" I asked her, attempting to take the attention off of me.

"Good, he wants me to move in. I don't know if I'm ready, so I told him, and he's perfectly okay with that," she replied to me, she seemed very happy.

I was happy for her, but also jealous. I wanted a relationship like that. They're really perfect for each other. It was cute.

"How about we watch a movie? Pete shouldn't be back for a while," I say to her, and she nods.

I put in a Disney film- my sister and I's favorite type of movies growing up, and it still is.

Pete's POV
"Patrick, first off, chill." It was evident that that statement made him angrier, but I didn't care. I kept going.

"Patrick, here's a thought. You get the girl of your dreams right in the palm of your hand. You take her on a date, and you leave her in the middle of it! You left her for a girl who broke your heart. She was so upset, and you know who had to cheer her up? Not you, that's for sure. I had to comfort her all night because of what you did, and you didn't apologize to either of us. Then you have the nerve to question the fact that I took her on a date? No Patrick, you can't just be an asshole and get angry at people for being nice. Sorry, but that's not how life works."

His face softened at my words, and he seemed guilty. He should be, though.

"Listen Pete, I'm sorry. I'll apologize to Rose too, when I see her. I'm not ending things with Summer, though. I love her."

"Whatever you say. Honestly though, I don't believe you love her, and you aren't fooling anyone. You weren't even thinking about her until she showed up in front of you again. She has a pretty face, and she has a way of talking. Does that excuse the fact she left you a mess and came back when her other relationship didn't work out? No. You just think it does," I felt like a mom. Gross.

Patrick just shook his head at me, sighing.

"You'll never understand, Pete."

"You're right, I never will. I'll never allow anyone to treat me like that. And honestly, Rose loved you. She never hurt you. She would talk about you all the time. You were her life, Patrick. You threw it away. And when Summer leaves you again, don't come back to Rose. She's still hurt. She's still in love with you. That's why she's ignoring you, you're hurting her so much."

Patrick nodded this time, he knew he was breaking her heart.

He just didn't care.

Patrick's POV
What Pete said was somewhat of an eye-opener. I knew I hurt her, but I didn't know all of this. Summer was prettier than Rose in my opinion, and had a way with words, but Flora had.. Something. She was smart, and she knew how to make me laugh. She knew how to cheer me up, how to keep me happy through everything.

Summer knew how to make my eyes happy.

I knew I had gotten in too deep, but I didn't want to break up with Summer, though. I was so confused. I was a douche, and I knew it.

I just wished Rose didn't hate me.

Summer's POV
I've been seeing this new guy, of course. I felt bad for Patrick, but he should've learned the first time.

I'm breaking up with him soon.

No matter how much I hated the bitch, I had to admit, her and Patrick were cute together. Let's see what happens when I break his heart.

----------------------------------------

Hey guys! Thank you SO much for almost 2k reads!! It's means so much to me and inspires me to keep writing! You all are great. Love you all ❤️- Keri

Instagram: atavxnhalen
Twitter: ChefKholt