Fame < Infamy

Rose's POV
The world froze. I climbed out of my hiding spot and quickly climbed down the ladder and ran into my room, slamming the door. I locked it and crawled into my bed.

I pulled the covers over me. I was laying on my side in a fetal position. I finally let all the tears come out. I could hear the paramedics coming in, taking her out on a stretcher to the hospital or somewhere else. But I knew she was dead. We all did.

Andy's POV
I heard a gunshot and watched as the two men were taken in handcuffs. My expression remained serious and I watched paramedics come in. I was nervous, really nervous. Soon they came out and on a stretcher was my girlfriend.

She looked so lifeless and I blocked the paramedics. They were both women and both shorter than me.

Grace. Her hair was wet with blood. She smelled like iron and death and it was sickening to look at. A hole was in the top of her head and I knew.

"Can I please go with her?" I pleaded with the women, telling them Grace was my girlfriend.

"Since this was a homicide, she is going to be examined. I'm afraid not, sir."

I sighed, and hesitantly I let them take her away from me.

I walked home without another word to anyone.

I was so empty.

Rose's POV
I sobbed for hours. She was gone. It was my fault.

It was dark outside and despite the constant knocking on the door from who I'm assuming was Pete, I never opened it.

No matter how much I wanted to stay in my room, I was starving.

I quickly ran out and grabbed a bag of chips before running back inside.

After a couple minutes, someone walked in. I guess I forgot to lock the door the last time.

Arms were around me and I knew who it was immediately.

Patrick.

Why was he still here?

"Flora," he started, and I shook my head. I didn't want to hear it.

"I want to be here for you." That's all he said, and I nodded, my hands trembling at both the events of what happened today, and the close proximity of us both.

I loved it, but I hated it. All the feelings were coming back.

Then I realized they never left.

I loved him.

My eyes widened and I backed away from him. He looked a little surprised, but sighed.

"Tell me what you're thinking," he said to me, and I sighed.

"You know I still love you," he nodded.

"Flora-"

"Do not say anything. I'm not allowing myself to trust you." Patrick looked at me, scoffed, and walked out.

I sighed and turned over, my breathing slowing. Pete walked in after a couple hours. I know he thought I was asleep by the quietness of his movements. I wasn't, of course. I wouldn't be able to sleep well for a long time.

Pete climbed into my bed and took me in his arms.

"Rose, I know things are bad for you." He started with a simple sentence, his words a whisper. I kept pretending to be asleep, and he took my silence as a cue to keep going.

"You have me, you have the guys. You're strong. You can do this. I believe in you. And I love you. I'm in love with you," his voice was almost inaudible at the last part, and I smiled. He kissed my head and we both fell asleep.

-------------------------------------------

Hey guys! Thanks for reading. Again, I want to thank you guys for over 2,000 reads!! Can I have some feedback, please??? Love you all ❤️- Keri

Instagram: atavxnhalen
Twitter: ChefKholt