0.3

Chapter 3

"How much does this house cost?" JJ asks as they walk into the kitchen. Boxes line the halls, and JJ can tell they're a far way from unpacking the rest of their stuff.  

India turns to look at him, her head tilting to the side as she nears the freezer. 

"You know, that's a good question" She pauses motioning to the seats in the kitchen island. JJ takes a seat. She goes on to grab two shot glasses and a bottle of vodka. 

JJ watches intently as she pours the liquid into the glasses. She turns her gaze to look at him. 

"Want some vodka?" She asks, a hint of humor in her tone as she moves the bottle in her hand. JJ stares at her, dumbfounded before breaking out into a smile and grabbing the small glass. 

"Hells yeah" He says, hoisting it up in the air before they both down the shot. 

India grimaces, shaking her head to get rid of the burning feeling on her throat. 

"So, India, when are your parents going to be home?" He asks after a second, watching as India pours another glass. India shrugs. 

"I think that after leaving everything here they're leaving for the Maldives. It's supposed to be a business trip, but for some reason Tyler–that's my brother–he always ends up going with them" She explains, downing another shot of vodka. 

JJ stares at her for a moment. Something about her seemed to be drawing him in. As much as he wanted to back with John B. and the Pogues, he knew that there was a lot more to what she was letting on. Her parents didn't seem to care much about her, but what did 'going away to the Maldives' actually mean?  

"It means that i'm probably going to be home alone most of the summer. Come on" She replies as if reading his mind. She motions for him to follow her before grabbing the entire vodka bottle and leading him up the stairs and into her room. 

JJ, surprisingly, follows silently, admiring the enormous house. 

__

"Truth or dare" India slurs the words, looking at JJ. It was safe to say that the both of them were way past tipsy. JJ laughs, scoffing. 

"What are we, middle schoolers?" He asks, taking a sip straight from the bottle. India stays silent for a moment before bursting out laughing. 

"Come on, it's a cool game and I want to get to know you better. You're basically a stranger." She points to him "I invited you into my house" she leverages. She had the custom of acting slightly like a child when she was drunk. 

It always bothered Rafe, he'd always end up ditching her at a party. It was often those times that his 'friends' would often take advantage of her. She couldn't count the times, but she knew for a fact that they had happened. 

"Fine. Fine. Only because you're hot as fuck" JJ replies snarkily, staring at her. India giggles, clapping her hands together. 

"Truth or dare," She asks. 

"Truth" JJ replies. He didn't actually know what he was saying. Like India, he was already drunk and could feel the headache that he was going to have tomorrow. 

"Mmmm" India starts, trying to think of a question. "Ok. I got it. Who is the person that you hate the most?" She asks, wiggling to adjust herself.