0.28

chapter 28

and still, no arrest in the shooting death of sheriff susan peterkin. the state police have issued a statement regarding a local person of interest. a juvenile from---

kiara huffs, reaching out and cutting off the radio.

the group sits on the car, all of them hiding on the side of the road and keeping a lookout for cops.

india leans back on her seat, leaning her head on jj's shoulder as the heat in the car starts becoming more.

the group had been hiding out for a few hours, hoping that everything would die down and they would be able to go back to normal.

"let's game this out" jj begins, looking around the at the team. "maybe you guys can help, being the smart one's an all, but" he blows out a breath "who are the cops going to believe?" he asks. "ward cameron, or us?"

"jj, maybe right now is not the best time to be discussing this" india warns, turning to him. everyone was on edge. they were all thinking of possible solutions, and jj's commentaries didn't help.

jj rolls his eyes, turning to john b.

"what i'm saying is, yucatan. all right? that's the only option" he proposes.

"enough with the mexico bullshit" john b snaps, clearly getting tired of his attitude.

"what other option do you have?" jj yells back, his voice rising.

"sarah's gonna bail me out" john b replies.

kie nods. "she did witness the whole thing" she pitches in. "and if she doesn't say anything, india was also there"

india's eyebrows rise. "i don't want to be rude, but may i remind you that my head was bleeding and i actually don't remember anything that happened after peterkin was shot? i mean- i know it was rafe but i don't actually remember anything that happened" she explains.

"yeah, but you could always lie" jj responds.

india turns to look at him. "jj, i'm shit at lying and you know it. if they asked me what happened i wouldn't be able to form a good cover" she replies, shutting his idea down.

"anyways. you think sarah cameron is gonna snitch on her brother?" pope asks, turning the discussion back to john b.

jj blows out the smoke of his joint on india's face as he turns to look at john b. "not happening, bro"

"jj!" india yells out softly, waving her hand in front of her face to get rid of the smoke.

jj laughs quietly, leaning in and kissing her before pulling back. "sorry babes" he mutters, giving her a wink. she huffs, knowing he did that on purpose to bother her. typical jj.

"anyways. we gotta get you off the island" jj continues, turning from india to john b.

pope nods, agreeing to jj's words. "the ferry. it's the only way"

"yeah. exit stage left while you still can" jj agrees, motioning to pope. "before the entire island is on lockdown"

"sarah's not a pogue, john b" pope reasons, trying to get the boy to understand.

"yeah. you can't stay here, man" jj says, his tone somber as he turns to john b.

india leans back on jj, watching as john b stays quiet and contemplates on what jj just said.

it wasn't that sarah wasn't a pogue. that (to india at least) didn't really matter. india knew that sarah loved john b, and based on what had happened on the airplane, she knew that she would defend john b, even if it means ratting out her snake of a brother. what she was more worried about was ward. ward had power, and if he wanted to, he could make sarah say anything, even if she didn't want to.