0.8

Chapter 8 

India's preparing herself breakfast when she hears a knock on the door. She frowns, not knowing who it might be. 

She goes to open the door, only to be met with an empty space. She looks around, wondering who it might have been. Outside, the trees bristled with the soft, humid breeze. It was a good day. 

"Boo!" JJ yells out from the side as he lunges at her. She lets out a scared yelp as JJ laughs loudly. She pushes JJ's shoulder with slight annoyance, her brow dipping with curiosity. 

"What are you doing here, JJ?" She asks, moving to the side so that he can come into her house. JJ waltzes right in as if it was his own, a coy smile on his face. 

"We're going to John B's later today and I wanted to see if you wanted to come" He states, looking at India's breakfast as he walked into the kitchen. It reminded him of how he still hadn't eaten anything. India watches him salivate over her breakfast before she goes to grab another plate. 

"Want some breakfast?" she offers, motioning to her place. JJ turns to look at her, smiling widely, like they'd just offered him a brand new motorcycle. 

"I thought you'd never offer" he takes a seat beside her plate, on the stool next to where India's breakfast was. 

India motions to the plate on the breakfast bar. "You can take that one, I'll make myself another." she offers. JJ makes a happy sound before grabbing a fork and diving in. Ss soon as he puts the food in his mouth he moans, making India wince. 

"Kook breakfast is another level of delicious." He moans out between bites, stuffing himself with pancakes and bacon. India scowls at him, shaking her head as she makes her own breakfast. 

"You're disgusting, JJ" she replies, a joking tone on her words. 

JJ winks "Oh you love me, Indi" India laughs, shaking her head as she tries to control the blush creeping up her cheeks. 

_

"What are we doing today?" India asks as they leave her house. There are a few clouds in the bright sky, moving slowly as the breeze carried them away. JJ shrugs, turning to her. 

"Don't know, but maybe we can figure out why in the fuck a compass is so important and why so many people want it" JJ tells her. India turns to him, her lips pursing. 

"JJ, i know that I just met you and the group and I'm not in the place to have any type of opinion, but what if it's dangerous? We shouldn't be looking at things like these." She starts to comment. 

JJ laughs, shaking his head "Dangerous is what makes everything fun, India. It makes it exciting." he inhales loudly in happiness before turning to walk backward on the road so he faces her. "You can't tell me you didn't get excited when the men came after us. If there's no danger then where's the fun in doing anything?" He asks her, lifting up his arms. 

What JJ was saying made sense, but she'd grown up not facing danger, it was her default setting. Maybe that had been the reason she never really seemed to have fun?

"Anyways. When do your parents get back from their trip?" JJ asks, trying to make conversation and leave the other topic behind. He didn't want India to think too much about everything that was going on. India shakes her head, turning back to see her big house in the distance, growing smaller as they walked forward. 

She turns back to JJ, her face falling ever so slightly. "I don't really know. They always say that they'll be gone a week but they'll probably be gone all summer" She states quietly. JJ could see how this affected her.