0.24

chapter 24

india watches as they pull into the driveway of a trailer home, becoming nervous. she didn't like that jj was mad, but she wouldn't say anything to him with the fear that he would get angry at her.

india was like that. she would keep quiet about everything until she suddenly snap and have a mental breakdown. it had happened a few times while she was with rafe, and the habit had become hard to break.

"welcome to crackhead wasteland" sarah mutters as they see the trailer home in front of them.

pope turns to look at jj, his tone serious. "i don't know about this, man" he tells him as jj pulls to a stop. he's the one driving the van, with john b in the seat beside him and india on the back seat.

jj purses his lips, looking at the house from out the car window.

"dude, why are we even at barry's" pope asks, looking at jj.

jj shakes his head, ignoring pope and getting out of the van. he slams the door shut, making it clear that he was angry.

"this'll only take a second" he grumbles out as he walks away from the van.

india turns to look at her boyfriend "jj, wait-"

the boy doesn't hear her as he walks towards the house, a look of determination crossing his face.

"where are you going?" john b asks from the van at jj.

"yo soy justicia" is the only thing jj replies back at him as he opens the door to the trailer home and steps inside.

india purses her lips, running a hand through her hair in worry. she had never seen this side of him before. with her, he had always been kind and caring, but it was evident that when it didn't involve her, he was a different person. it didn't affect her though, she didn't have a problem with it because at the end of the day, he always treated her right.

while india knew that jj was getting revenge for her and because barry had threatened her, she couldn't help but feel scared for the boy.

india goes to get out of the van behind him when john b stops her.

"i'll go" he tells her before getting out of the car and going after jj.

india sighs, staring at the house as john b follows jj.

the group watches her, knowing how she's feeling at the moment.

kiara grabs her shoulder softly, giving her a reassuring smile as the team waits for jj and john b to get back to the van.

india shakes her head after a moment, stepping down from the van to get some air.

the team does the same, all of them waiting outside as jj finally comes out the door.

the boy holds a duffel bag, a smile on his face.

"all right, so we're looking at five grand each for reparations for putting us through that bullshit" he states as he digs his hand in and takes out a wad of cash. "sorry about that ya'll" he mutters.

india looks at her boyfriend, her eyebrows rising.

"jj, you're realizing this could go very wrong. he's a drug dealer. we're robbing drug dealers now?" she questions, walking closer to him.

"this barry guy's gonna find out, and he's gonna come after us" sarah pitches in, looking at the duffel bad in jj's hands.

jj turns to look at the girls, his lips pursing in frustration.