0.11

(india's house from the inside)

chapter 11

after the lighthouse, it had been clear that the rest of the group wasn't going to catch up with jj and india at his house, so jj had dropped her off in her house an hour later. 

she'd offered to let him stay, but he'd refused, saying that he needed to go back to john b's to drop off the van. india had been disappointed, but she hadn't said anything. 

she entered her house quietly, her mood dampened at the thought of having the house all to herself. she closes the door as she hears the van pull out of the garage. 

one of the only things that india couldn't stand besides rafe was being alone. she hated it. it made her feel unimportant and small, and now that she had moved into a house that was even bigger than the last one and emptier, she felt the loneliness duplicate. 

she sighs, going up the stairs and into her bedroom. she doesn't bother to take off anything but her shoes as she falls straight on her bed. 

even though it was the middle of the day, she couldn't help but feel exhausted. the events of the day had already drained her both emotionally and physically. 

before she knows it, she's fast asleep. 

___

a few hours later the van pulls up into india's driveway, the group staring in wonder at the layout. 

"god what i would give to have this house" pope mutters as he stares from the car window. 

jj turns to look at him "wait until you see the inside dude, it's enourmous" he adds, opening the car door and stepping out. he motions to the rest of the team. "come on" 

"won't india be mad if we walk in without her knowing?" kiara asks, climbing off the van. jj shakes his head, opening the door. 

"oh" there's a pause "she doesn't care" he remarks before opening the front door and motioning everyone in. 

the group files into the house, staring in wonder at the decoration and the size of everything. 

"god damn" pope whispers under his breath with wide eyes. 

jj doesn't mind anything, having seen it all before. he climbs up the stairs, leaving the team on the kitchen and going directly into india's bedroom. he smiles when he sees that she's sleeping. slowly he walks up to her, admiring her features. she looked peaceful and unbothered, and all jj wanted to do was kiss her. 

 she was going to hate him in a minute. 

he jumps onto the bed, making india bounce and wake up with a jolt. 

"hey princess, you sleep well?" he asks, a teasing smile adorning his face. 

india groans, rubbing a hand through her face as she pushes his face away from her with her other hand. 

"i hate you, jj" she grumbles before pulling her covers and trying to sleep again. 

"the whole teams here and they're waiting for you downstairs, sleepyhead" he states before standing up. looks around at her room for a moment, noticing that she still hasn't unpacked a lot of her stuff. he turns around to face the bed, holding out a hand for india to take. "come on, we have exploring to do"