0.7

Chapter 7

The next morning the group was set to meet at John B's, and when JJ walked in with India, none of them said anything. sure, they were hesitant to let a Kook into their team, but they knew she had gone through some things, and she didn't look like the kind of girl that would be stuck up.

The group had filled in India about what had happened and what they had found. At first India had been surprised, but she'd come to accept everything that was happening.

"Look I'm calling it off" John B. says, tossing a rock in his hand. He stands on the edge of his porch, staring off at the team.

Kiara sits on a bench, pope across from her while india sits on a chair and JJ on a worn down table.

india looks up, turning to john b. she'd begun to talk to them a while ago, and they were comfortable enough to let her weigh in with some matters.

"Peterkin said, if I stay out of the marsh she'll help me with DCS" he continues, staring at the group.

"And you believed her?" JJ questions from the lawn. India turns to look at him.

John b sighs, turning to JJ "Yes, I believer her, JJ" he responds, his tone on edge.

jj scoffs, shaking his head. "an actual cop, john b. you believed a cop" he snarks out, throwing a rock into the distance.

"jj" india warns quietly. in the small time that she had come to know the group, she knew that john b wasn't in the position to be fought with, especially after everything he had gone through.

"all i gotta do is stay out of the marsh for a couple of days, and she'll help me out" john b responds, his voice starting to rise. "and it doesn't help that your ass was the one shooting a gun"

at his words jj shakes his head, looking at the lake.

"you know what i should have done? just let topper drown your ass" he replies, indifferent to john b.

"jj, i don't think topper was going to drown him" india responds, turning up to look at him. jj looks down at her, sighing in frustration.

"it sure looked like it" he replies with a shrug, standing up from the table and walking towards john b.

india stands up as well, heading towards the bench kiara is sitting in and taking a seat beside her. she offers a small smile to kiara, and kiara returns it.

"funny" john b remarks sarcastically at jj's words.

"have you looked in the mirror-" jj starts, motioning to the bruises around john b's eyes.

"tell me some more. come on" john b interrupts, nodding as he speaks.

"they always win, don't they, man?" jj continues, leaning in against one of the wooden poles with a sour smirk "kooks versus pogues. they always, always win!" he says, laughing as he punches the punching bag beside him.

india watches silently at what is going on. she hadn't seen this side of jj since they had met, but she was grateful that she was getting to know the real him.

he pauses for a second, turning back to where kiara and india are sitting.

"i mean no offense to the two of you, but you kooks get away with everything. goddamn!" he says, turning around in frustration.