0.34

chapter 34

"dude, where is he?" kiara sighs out desperately, looking around as she stands on the boat. 

the group had been waiting for john b to arrive for a while now, and they were starting to worry about what might have happened to him. 

india and jj sit on the dock, with india taking care of jj's cuts on his face and knuckles. 

"give him a second. he'll be here" pope answers, trying up a rope. 

jj nods at their words, wincing slightly as india continues to clean his wounds. "he's coming. he'll be fine" he assures, looking at them. 

the group turns to look as a police siren pulls into the dock they are in. 

"jj" india warns. jj stands up in a hurry, grabbing her hand and pulling her into the boat. 

"hey, yeah. get back on the boat" he instructs to kiara, ushering everyone as they try to act natural. 

"shit" kiara mutters as she watches the car pull to a stop a few yards away from them. 

india frowns, confusion running through her as she sees john b step out of the police car. 

"wait" she calls out, grabbing jj's arm. 

jj turns to look at the car, his eyebrows rising as he sees john b. 

"no way" he mutters, breaking out into a smile. 

"i'm sorry, what?" kiara mutters incredulously, laughing as she realizes that it's john b. 

jj laughs, stepping off the boat. "you've gotta be kidding me" 

john b smiles, clutching at his backpack as he turns to the police car. "shoupe let me take it for a spin" he jokes. 

kiara laughs. "okay. that's believable. i'll buy that for now" she exhales, relaxing as john b steps on the dock, her arms opening.

the girl pulls john b into a hug, grateful that he didn't get caught. 

india steps off the boat as well, smiling at the sight of john b. 

"it wasn't easy bro, but i got the phantom for you" jj calls out as her pats the side of the boat, proud. 

india laughs. "yeah, it was not easy" she mutters under her breath. 

jj jangles the keys, looking at his best friend as he throws them to him. "she's all ready to go" 

john b frowns, looking at the boat and then at the team. 

"where's sarah?" he questions. 

india frowns. "wasn't she with you?" she asks, confusion lacing her tone. 

"no, we got separated in the swamp" john b explains, turning to the girl. "she said she was going to meet me here" he continues, rushing his words as he looks around. 

"no, we haven't seen her, man" pope replies, a frown on his face. 

"okay, well i'm not leaving without her" john b struggles out, his voice desperate. 

jj sighs, walking up to john b. "john b, look at me. i know you feel bad for leaving, but there's no time" jj presses, a frown on his face. he points tot he boat. "you've got plenty of gas, plenty of food. once you get around that point, it's a straight shot across the sound to dismal swamp, okay?" he instructs, motioning to the river.