0.6

Chapter 6

It's around one in the morning when JJ and India get to her house. JJ helps India up the house steps and into the kitchen. They were both exhausted from walking from the cut to Figure 8, and they were grateful that they'd finally arrived.

"Thank you, for helping me home" India tells him as she sits down on the couch beside the kitchen. The room was big enough to serve both as a small living room, a dining table and the kitchen.

JJ nods, offering a small smile before going to the kitchen sink and washing his hands.

"It's nothing. Do you have a medical kit or something?"

India frowns, confused as to why he wants it. "Yeah, it's in the box labeled extras. Why do you want it?"

JJ stops looking for the kit and turns to her, as if she had asked the stupidest thing.

His eyebrows rise "Do I need to remind you that your shit boyfriend beat you up?" He replies, his head turning slightly sideways as he looks at her small frame.

India sighs, shrugging and leaning back into the soft and more than expensive couch. "Ex-boyfriend, and it's no big deal. I'm going to go change into something more comfortable" She stands up from the couch and exits the kitchen to go change.

JJ watches as she exits the room, shocked as to how she was handling everything. Something told him that it wasn't the first time that something like that has happened.

India comes back a few minutes later, pajama shorts and a tank top on her. JJ stares for a moment, entranced by her.

"What are you looking at, creep" India laughs out as she watches the boy stare at her. Out of all the outfits she had worn with him, this one was the most revealing, but she had to admit she didn't really mind him staring.

JJ shakes his head, chuckling as he grabs the kit and takes it to where she's sitting.

"I mean, how could I not stare, you're beautiful" He states before shrugging "and hot"

"JJ!" india warns, pushing his shoulder softly. JJ laughs, shaking his head as he pulls out the rubbing alcohol and the cotton from the kit.

He points at the cut on her lip "You're gonna need to stay still so that I can patch you up" he warns. India nods, watching as he fills the cotton with alcohol and then softly places it on her lip, rubbing softly the wound from dirt and sand.

India hisses, and out of instinct grabs JJ's shoulder.

"I'm almost done" JJ soothes, cleaning the wound up. He slowly takes off the cotton, staring at her lips. What he would do to kiss them.

India stares at JJ, her mind racing. Today had been a rollercoaster and she was finally glad to get some rest from the caos that was outer banks.

This time, it's India who initiates the kiss. She doesn't really know why she's doing it, but suddenly she's leaning in slowly, her eyes darting from his eyes to his lips.

"You're hurt" JJ whispers, looking at her lips as she continues to lean forward.

India chuckles lowly "And I don't care" Her lips meet his softly, and he finds himself completely engulfed by her. Last night the kisses had been drunk ones, but this one held a more innocent and loving tone.

India wondered for a moment wether if everything was going too far. Normally, she would have waited for a few weeks to kiss someone, but with JJ, it felt right. 

She might have been crazy, but she thought that they might be soulmates. She'd never felt the connection with anyone, and it wasn't like she could explain why. She just knew. 

India leans back into the gray couch so that JJ is on top of her. He kisses her softly, being careful not to hurt her. He moves her hair out of the way, going in to kiss her neck when the sight in front of him makes him stop.

He pulls back as if he had just been electrocuted "What the hell, India?" He stares at the bruises on her neck.

India pulls back, staring at his face before sighing. She was tired of being taken care of like a child. She wanted to kiss him.

"Did–did he do that to you?" He asks, pointing to her neck as he pulls back completely.

"In the morning. He did it because I didn't answer my phone" She heaves a breath, grabbing JJ's face in both of her hands "But I'm not with him anymore, and he won't hurt me"

JJ nods silently, not wanting to push her boundaries any more than he already had. He stands up from the couch, grabbing the kit and placing it in the marble kitchen counter a few feet away. The light casts a soft glow in the room, making the atmosphere feel tiring and calm.

"I'm gonna get going. I'm crashing at John B's today," JJ explains as he grabs his stuff to go in his way.

India watches quietly for a minute, debating what she should do.

She stands up suddenly. "Stay"

JJ stops moving, turning to look at her, a look of doubt on his face.

"We don't have to do anything" She doesn't look him in the eye "But the house is empty and I could really use the company"

JJ contemplates for a second. The group would kill him. But he would be there with them in the morning, and he could bring India with him.

"I'll stay" He tells her after a moment, a smile inching up on his face "But only if we cuddle"

A smile breaks out on india's face as well and she shakes her head, her eyes rolling.

"Fine," she laughs as JJ drops his things happily and runs to her. He picks her up and carries her up the stairs, trying to find his balance as he walks forward.

"JJ!" she yells out, laughing as they enter her room. JJ places her on the bed softly before jumping in beside her and wrapping her in a hug.

India makes a face. "You smell like ass, JJ, get away" she pushes him away jokingly, and JJ makes an offended face, pulling back.

"Whaaaat? I smell like roses. I don't know what you mean" He jokes, smelling his shirt.

"God, you're so full of yourself. You're going to make my bedsheets dirty" She rolls her eyes, wrapping herself on her blanket.

"Yeah whatever" JJ mumbles as he cuddles near her.

India smiles, wondering how in just two days of getting into a completely new island she had managed to break up with her year-long boyfriend, find herself a new group of friends, and strangely enough, a boy she had met two days ago was in her bed.

She couldn't feel any more at home.

a/n sorry for the short chapter!! next one will be longer i promise