0.13

chapter 13

india leans back on the boat seat, trying to catch as much sun as she can as the boat glides down the water softly. she sits beside jj, holding a drink on her hand.

she smiles to herself, really enjoying spending time with her friends.

beside her, jj whistles, making india open her eyes. she pulls her sunglasses up into her hair so that she can get a better look at what jj is seeing.

"that's the malibu 24-mxz" jj wonders as he stares at the boat coming their way "the world's finest wakesetter" he turns to look at the group before back at the boat "200k, easy" he mumbles, looking at it through his sunglasses.

india opens her mouth for a second, wanting to tell him that she had one of those too, but she opts against it, not wanting to sound like a stuck up kook.

pope stares at the boat as well, a pang of jealousy running through him. "we picked the wrong parents"

"i hate to break it to you guys, but that's topper and his girlfriend," kiara tells the group, looking at the fancy boat heading their way in disgust.

that catches india's attention. she hadn't spoken to sarah cameron at all since she'd broken up with rafe, but something told her that the girl was going to be on her side of the breakup. 

topper on the other hand, not so much.

as the boat heads closer to them, india can't help but make eye contact with sarah cameron. sarah seems surprised to see india hanging out with the group, and her surprise increases when she sees jj bend down and place a kiss on india's lips out of the blue as if he had done it a hundred times before.

india turns to look at the girl before waving kindly. she didn't care that topper hated her, she cared about the fact that sarah cameron had been nice to her and she didn't want to seem mean.

"why are you waving at them?" jj asks, noting india's actions. india turns to look at him just as sarah cameron waves back.

"sarah cameron helped me with rafe a lot. she's a really good friend" india explains as the boat passes by.

jj stays quiet for a moment before sitting down beside her and putting india's legs over his own.

"if you say so," he mumbles as he takes a swig of his beer.

india's head tilts to the side, a confused look on her face.

"if you say so?" she repeats, truly confused as to what jj means.

jj turns to look at her, analyzing her face to see if she's joking or not. he puts the drink down when he realizes she isn't.

"indi, they're stuck up kooks. maybe not sarah, but her boyfriend sure is. all i'm saying is to be careful" he explains.

india nods quietly, taking in his words.

"anyways. have i told you you look hot as hell today?" jj admires out of nowhere. india rolls her eyes, slightly flustered at his compliment.

she smiles at him "you don't look too bad yourself, pretty boy" she responds, reaching over and messing up his hair with a laugh. jj leans towards her putting his head on her shoulder like a little kid.