0.5

Chapter 5

India didn't know what to do. Sure, she knew she was going to break up with Rafe, but what if she chickened out? 

She hadn't heard about JJ at all since the note that he had left, and she was beginning to think that last night had been a dream and he wasn't actually interested in her. 

She shakes her head, brushing a comb through her hair as she finishes getting ready. 

She couldn't deny her attraction to JJ, that was clear, but maybe right now wouldn't be the best thing to get into a relationship. So as far as she was concerned, JJ and her were friends. 

She's brushing her teeth when a car honks outside her house. 

That must be Rafe, she thought, grabbing her stuff and hurrying outside. 

She takes a final look in the full body mirror at the entrance, looking at her neck and the bruises that had been covered with concealer before going out the door. 

Rafe sits on his Jeep, Sarah Cameron and Topper on the back seat. The front seat is empty for her. 

She waves at Sarah Cameron, smiling kindly to her. The girls had grown up as friends, and since India was dating Rafe, they had become even closer. 

The thing with India was that she never really let people get too close to her. Sure, she had a lot of friends, but she only told a few people what she was really feeling. 

Rafe wasn't one of them. 

She climbs into the car, and waits for Rafe to pull out of the driveway. When he doesn't, she turns to look at him. 

He holds a smile, like the events of the morning didn't even happen. 

"Aren't you going to give me a hello kiss?" He asks, pouting slightly. 

India sighs, turning to look at Sarah before placing a forced peck on his lips. 

"can we go now? i'm in the mood for drinking" She tells Rafe after a moment, turning to look forward. 

Rafe stares at her before pulling out of the driveway. 

When they arrive at the Kegger it is already dark outside, and India had one thing on her mind: get drunk. Well, that and break up with Rafe. 

She'd gone over what she was going to say a million times, but each time she seemed to blank out, not knowing what she was going to say to him when the moment came. 

"India!" someone calls out. India was on her fifth cup of beer, and she was starting to feel the buzz. She turns around at her name being called. 

Her frown turns into a smile as she watches the blonde boy head towards her, an innocent smile on his face. 

"JJ!" she replies, laughing before enveloping him in a quick hug. 

"What are you doing here?" he asks after a moment, looking around the place. 

India gulps, looking around for Rafe. 

"Uh, Rafe forced me to come. I'm planning on breaking up with him tonight" She explains, taking a big chug of her beer nervously. 

jj watches her intently, trying to figure out what is going on. 

"Is everything ok?" He asks after a moment.