0.4

Chapter 4

"India!" A voice shouts. 

India jolts awake, flinching as someone slams the front door shut. Her head is exploding, and the light blinds her. 

That damn vodka. 

As she realizes the events of last night,  she turns to her side in a panic, wanting to know if JJ is still there. She lets out a relieved breath when he isn't. 

Instead, there's a note. 

Morning Indi, had to go with the Pogues to do some exploring but i'll see you sometime :)

- JJ

She crumples the piece of paper as Rafe enters the room, not caring about making a sound. India flinches as she watches him come near her bed, and holds back a cry of pain as he grabs her by the arm and pulls her out. 

"Why the fuck didn't you answer any of my texts? When I call you answer, whore" He snaps, his jaw tight. 

In the whole meeting and kissing of JJ, she'd forgotten to check her phone. It had gone completely over her head, and she regretted that.

"I'm sorry" She whispers, tears brimming in her eyes. Rafe scoffs, shaking his head. 

"I'M sOrRy" He mocks "Stop crying you useless bitch." he responds as he slaps her across the face. 

That was a first. 

"What the fuck, Rafe?" It was India's turn to be mad. She clutches her cheek, already feeling as it starts to turn red. 

"That's for not answering" He replies, heaving. India just stares at him, a shocked expression on her face. 

"What were you doing that was so important that you couldn't answer me, huh? Were you fucking another guy?" He asks, walking towards her and looking around the room as if a man was going to come out at any moment. 

"I wasn't, Rafe. I wasn't doing anything. my phone ran out of battery while I was out and when I came back I fell asleep. That was all" She explains, coming up with a quick excuse. 

"Battery died my ass" He mumbles "You know what, I don't care. Do whatever the fuck you want. If you end up in a ditch somewhere it's not going to be my fault" He huffs out before exiting the room. 

India sighs as soon as he exits, but her eyes go wide as he comes back. He looks even angrier. 

"I might not care what you were doing last night, but you're my girlfriend, and I sure as hell won't let you whore around while you're with me. You got it?" He asks, grabbing her by the neck and pushing her against the wall. 

India struggles for breath as she grabs Rafe's hands, pleading for him to let go. 

Finally, after a few seconds, he lets go. India falls to the ground, heaving and coughing.