0.12

chapter 12

"what is it?" jj urges as he tries to get a better look over the hole in the door. 

kiara holds out an envelope to john b, and john b takes it silently. 

"thats... not gold" pope notes out, looking at the envelope. 

john b reads the envelope, his face stoic "holy shit" he looks at the group "this was from my dad" 

they stand silent, passing each other looks of surprise. 

"code red" jj warns suddenly, turning back to the group "code red" he repeats. he exhales the last of his weed before throwing the joint on the ground "square groupers" he continues, not wasting a second as he grabs india by the hand and pulls her to the backside of the mausoleum so that they aren't seen. 

the group follows, the five of them trying to figure out what to do. 

"lights" kiara warns, looking at everyone. 

india turns off her light before turning to jj, who is struggling to turn his off. she huffs, pulling his head down and shutting the flashlight off for him. 

"that's what happens when you get high" she remarks, starting to get angry at everything that is going on. 

in the distance, india can hear voices, and in a second, she decides that she isn't going to stick around and find out what the men want. 

"fuck this." she stands up and grabs jj's hand, pulling him with her while she runs across the graveyard. the rest of the gang follows, all of them trying to run away from the men. 

india turns to look over her shoulder as she pants for breath, trying to see what is going on behind her. they reach the cemetery wall, and not taking a second to think about it, jj pushes up india so that she gets over it first. 

jj follows and everyone falls on the other side. they're ready to go when they hear a yell coming from above the fence. 

"guys im stuck!" pope yells, trying to pull off his shorts from one of the spikes of the fence. 

the groups groans before running to him, pulling him from the wall and making his shorts rip off and be left hanging out in the fence. 

india laughs loudly at the sight of pope in his underwear before jj pushes her so that she gets into the van. 

the rest of the team climb into the van, all of them ushering john b to start driving. 

there's a moment of silence in which everyone tries to catch their breaths, and then india starts laughing. 

the entire group turns to look at her, and she shakes her head, still laughing. 

"sorry guys it's just" she laughs again "we're running from fucking hitmen because they want a compass" she turns to john b "sorry john b, no offense" 

the entire group looks at her as if she's grown a second head. 

"are you okay?" jj asks, putting a hand to her forehead, half-joking. india slaps his hand off, continuing to laugh.