0.18

chapter 18

india considered midsummers the most useless and extra thing ever. she didn't really get the whole point of getting together with hundreds of other rich people to party and gloat about the fact that they had money. 

but, in contrast to india, her mother was very much into it, so when she had told india that she needed to attend, there was no way that india could say no. 

india's mother had arranged for her to go with the cameron's, and while she didn't really want to go, she knew that the cameron's were going to keep her mother informed on everything she was doing. 

at least she wasn't going to be the only one who didn't want to be there. kiara was also going as a guest, and india felt instantly even more comfortable with the fact that she wasn't going to be alone. 

after john b had stopped at india's house, jj had left to let india be alone for a while. she had to pick out a dress for the midsummer and get ready, so jj had stuck around for another hour before letting her do her thing. 

india had been forced to put on her dress, and while she wasn't the sort of girl to dress up all fancy, for once she liked the idea of getting ready for a party. 

(india's dress)

(india's dress)

she looked at herself in the mirror before placing two strands of hair behind her eyes and putting flowers on her hair. it made her look innocent and warm. 

she smiled to herself as she thought about jj looking at her in the dress. 

she sighs after looking in the mirror before grabbing her purse and being on her way to the midsummer. 

she hated the fact that she needed to go to the midsummer alone, but she pushed her thoughts away, convincing herself that if she got drunk enough maybe she wouldn't remember anything tomorrow. 

it takes her about 5 minutes to arrive to the midsummer, and when she does, the party has already started. she looks around nervously, her gaze stopping on pope as she watches him help his father prepare food for the kooks. 

she smiles, going down the stairs and into the open party space. 

pope faces the other way as india clears her throat, putting on the snobbiest accent she can think of. 

"excuse me, sir, do we need to shuck these as well?" she asks pope in a stuck up tone. she watches as pope stops what he's doing and then turns to face at her with a frown. when he realizes it's her, he breaks out into a smile. 

the pair high fives and she walks closer to him before turning around and facing the party that is just starting. 

"ah, i love the smell of rich people" india sighs out as the breeze makes her hair flow softly.