Let it go.

"So what you're saying is you don't want to help me by giving me everything, but by feeding me and giving me shelter?"

"Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. Just hang out with me some and get to know me. I will prove to you I'm not some creep." He asked

"Okay, well, you could start with your first name." I looked him in the eyes to see if he was telling me the whole truth.

"My name is Sage Parker. And as you know, this is my building. You don't know that I have a music center on the bottom floor. It's one floor under the lobby; that is where all your friends have started coming to sleep and get clothes and open up their possibilities to music."
Sage explained with a boyish grin on his face. He knows he's pulling me in, and I have to make him try a little more to convince me.

"What if I don't want to sleep at the center with all the other kids? I'm not a child, and I don't want to be treated as one."

"No, but you are feisty. I knew you had some fire to you. It would help if you used it more. And as far as living, you will live with me. I don't trust any of them to sleep in the same room as you. And as you know, I followed you back to your building to make sure you're safe. It would be a lot easier if you were down the hall, don't you think?" Sage asked, and his face turned pink. Oh my, was Mr. Parker blushing?

Wait, why wasn't I!? What did he ask me? To live with him! "With all due respect, I think it's all a little too soon for me to start living with you. I don't know you, and how do I not know you're the creep and not them!"

"You're correct, Piper. I would like us to get lunch on a Daily, and you come by the center. When you feel you can trust me, I would like you to live with me and stop living on the street. You can't make it big in this world if you're not in it!" Sage says matter of factly.

Okay, so he had a point. I know I have done it for the past three years on my own, but I'm tired; I'm tired of sleeping like shit and being cold at night and not having a bathtub to soak my aching feet in. I walk everywhere, and I still have blisters on my feet. I'm mentally and physically exhausted. So maybe this was God's way of telling me to let him help me.

Time will tell if I could trust him or not. But from the kids' looks, I see that he's not so bad.

"I do have one more question for you, Piper." Sage looks up at me, giving me a shy smile; it must be important to him to want to know if it's that hard for him to ask me.

"Okay, I'm listening. Just ask me, Sage." I challenge

"Why do you still give love to everyone else?" He asks gently

"Because I know how it feels to be unloved." I smile and walk out the door. I head to the elevators, and the stupid desk clerk comes running over to me, giving me one of her snarky looks.

"Miss Piper, I would appreciate it if you made a real appointment the next time you come back to see Mr. Parker, and please dress better." She-devil spat at me. Oh, this bitch is fucking with the wrong girl; I'm about two seconds away from slapping this snob. But then I hear a deep low growl from behind her. I look and see Sage clearing his throat. Oh, this is going to be good. Now he can deal with her, and I won't have to!

"Susan, is that any way to treat one of my guests? To downgrade her and judge her? She can wear anything she likes to come to see me. And she will never need an appointment. Do I make myself clear?" Sage calmly asks, but underneath, you could tell he was pissed by her talking to me that way. Maybe his feelings towards me go farther than I know. Or perhaps he is just a nice person.

"Yes, Mr. Parker, I understand. I'm sorry, Miss Piper, it won't happen again." Susan states and walks back to her desk.

Well, that was not how I was expecting that to go. But I do appreciate him taking up for me and my clothes. I could dress a little better when I come here. But they all know he has a music center. But he also buys the kids new clothes and shoes. Hmm, is that why he gave me money to dress better?