Surprises

-Sage

-Sage

I got home from work and decided to take a swim, and it felt too long since I had been in my pool. I came to see if Piper wanted to join me, but she was fast asleep on the couch with her guitar lying next to her and a notebook in her lap. It took everything I had not to read the song she was writing, but she trusts me, and that would be a big no-no.

So I close the notebook, place it on the table, and cover her with a blanket. She looked so peaceful, like she hadn't slept in years.

I kissed her cheek and grabbed a towel from the pool room. I am so happy she is here with me; I feel like my life is complete when she is with me; I hope good things happen to her soon; she could use some good news. I put out a couple of phone calls to get some of the producers at the bar the other night. I didn't tell them who she was. All I said is there would be some fantastic young artists there, and they should stop in.

I would have no idea if any of them came as I have no idea what they look like. We talk on the phone for business reasons only. But I wouldn't be surprised if all of them loved her. I mean, what's there not to love about that woman? She was beautiful and oh so talented. I have yet to find anything wrong with her, and that in itself is a mystery.

I dive into the pool and felt the cool water, oh, my warm body, and it felt so good to swim laps again. I used to swim laps every day, either before or after work. But when I first saw Piper, I didn't sleep at all for months. I would toss and turn, thinking if she was safe, was she cold? Did she have enough to eat? Every bad thing that could go wrong ran through my mind every night. She was my constant thoughts.

She was the first thing on my mind and the last before I closed my eyes at night. Hell, I would send kids to go watch her sing to make sure she was still thriving out there. But I knew I had to do something different if I wanted to get any work done.

I felt like if she didn't eat or sleep, I couldn't either. I didn't want to. I have no idea what this woman has done to me, but fuck am I glass she did it. Because I feel like a completely different person when she's around.

I knew if I ever walked up to her and told her how beautiful I thought she was, she would never believe me, how her smile could make my most challenging day better. The way her eyes shine brighter than the stars on the most luminous night. She is so fucking stubborn, and I can't get enough.

I hear my phone go off, and I sigh; I just wanted five fucking minutes to swim my stress away. This better is good. I hop out of the pool and answer my phone.

"Hello," I snap into the phone. I am usually a very polite person, but I was stressed with work and needed to relax.

"Mr. Parker?" A guy's voice asked from the other end.

"Yes, this is Mr. Parker. Can I help you with something?" I ask more politely.

"Yes, I'm Looking for a miss Piper Smith." The guy says

"May I ask what business you have with her?" I asked, worried something was wrong. How could anyone know she was with me? Did she tell someone to in case I was crazy? Fuck.

"Yes, I came by the open mic and saw her sing; she was the opening act, right?" He asked.

"Yes, of course. I'm sorry I didn't get your name?" I'm pacing at this point. Does he want her? Did he like her voice? Is she what he's looking for to sign? Oh, what am I saying? Of course, he loved her and wants her; she's Piper fucking Smith. The girl with the voice that stops hearts and opens souls.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Mr. Parker, this is Mike Dunbar from Production Hub. I want to bring Piper in for a sit-down and see if she would be interested in producing her music. We don't want to change anything about her. She is an original. She writes her songs and sings them. She is everything we have been looking for in such a young artist. Would you mind having her call us back and set up an appointment?" I was shocked. Not that they loved and wanted her. But because it's one of the biggest producers in Nashville, Tn.

"Do you mind if I go ahead and make her an appointment? I'm sure she will be super excited to meet you." I asked, hoping I wasn't overstepping again.

"Of course, Mr. Parker, how about tomorrow, say around 3 o'clock?" Mike asked

"Okay, sounds good. We will see you then." I said and hung up the phone. I have no idea what just happened. I'm too excited to process all of it. I have to go wake Piper up, but first I want to buy her a gift to surprise her!! I can't wait to see her beautiful face, and she is going to be so mad. I can't fucking wait.

I run inside, change my clothes, and call my driver to take me downtown. I have the best gift in mind, and it has to be perfect.

I get back to the house after a full day of shopping. I walk in and look all over for Piper and can't find her anywhere.

I search every room. I went to my room, and Piper was, sitting on my bed. She looked up at me and smiled so big my heart skipped a bit. God, I could never get used to her being here in my house all the time. I thought she had left, and here she is. My heart is beating so fast.

"Where have you been? I have been waiting for you all day. I missed you so much. I came up to your room because it smells like you." Piper says, and she blushes, looking down at the floor. She was caught in my room because she missed me. God, I love this woman so much. If she only knew what she does to me, she would understand I felt the same way, and all she was doing was taking a fucking nap.

"I have good news. And I have a big surprise for you." I say, bouncing from one foot to the other.

"Sage more gifts. You have given me so much already." She pouts

"But this is a gift that you deserve for something you did all on your own," I smirk, and she looks at me, all confused.

"Come with me. I want to show you something." I take her hand and lead her down the stairs and out the side door to the garage. I cover her eyes and walk her to the driveway, where her surprise is.

"Sage, you did not buy me a fucking car when I can't even drive!!" She yells and pushes me.

"Yes, I did, but there is a reason for it. Mike Dunbar from Production Hub called, and he wants to sit down with you tomorrow at 3 o'clock to talk about a recording deal." I explained

"WHAT? And they called an-and they want me?" She stuttered through her words, and it was the sweetest, most adorable thing I have ever seen.

"Yes, my little red, they love your voice and the fact you write your songs. They said they have been looking for a young artist like you for a while. And you fit perfectly. They don't want to change anything about you or your writing. They want to help you make a name for yourself." I was so excited it took me a minute to explain it all to her. Her big blue eyes grew wide with pride and happiness. My heart was so whole.

"You did this, didn't you? I'm not mad. I want to know!" she asked. And for once, I didn't do this. Mike isn't the person I called. This was all her.

"NO! I didn't, Piper; this was all you. I will admit I called a guy, but Mike wasn't him. But Mike is so much better." I told her.

"Oh my god. you bought me a car so that I could drive back and forth from home to the studio." She looked at me in awe, and I felt like the world had stopped spinning.

"Yes, of course, I did. It's yours. It's in your name, and I have no part in what you do with it, but I hope you will let me teach you how to drive it." I say with a sly grin

"God Sage, thank you so much; I love it!. And yes, I will need some help." She says with a wink; she stands on her tiptoes and kisses me so soft and gentle.

"Got get ready! Tonight we celebrate." I whisper in her ear as she jumps for joy.