The Very Last Detail..

We jump in the cab and hurry across town, it's starting to rain and Nashville looks so gloomy. Emma is bouncing up and down excited about all the wedding plans and details. I on the other hand am a nervous wreck with what is about to happen. Sage isn't here to help me with any kind of decisions I have to make, and I think I may be a little overwhelmed with everything. 

"Oh come on Piper, this will be so much fun. I promise I will help you sort it all out until the very last detail okay?" Emma grabs my hand and squeezes it. My nerves calm down and I am so glad she is with me. I never knew what having a girl friend would be like, but this doesn't seem so bad after all. 

"Okay I'm ready, it's now or never right?" I smile at Emma and we come to a cute little coffee shop. We slide out of the car and race inside trying not to get soaked. We giggle like two small children and I have to admit it has been one of the best girls day I have ever had. This may be one of my first real ones but I feel like I have known Emma my whole life and I knew at that moment what I had and needed to do. 

"Emma I have a question, and you can say no it won't hurt my feelings." I take her hands in mine and pull her into a booth. She looks at me like she is scared of what I'm going to ask. Well shit I didn't mean to freak her out, and come to think of it I have no idea anything about her besides we get along really well and I can't see myself getting married without her by my side.

"Come on out with it Piper you're freaking me out." Emma tugs on my hands and pulls me out of my thoughts. 

"Emma I know we just met but would you plan with me, stand with me, laugh with me, and cry with me? Will you be my maid of honor?" I bite my bottom lip waiting to see her be freaked out and laugh in my face. Her hands flew around my neck and she lets out a small sob. 

"Of course Piper, I would be honored to stand with you on your big day. Everyone deserves to have a girl to get ready with and cry with. We have laughed enough today to last the whole year. I can't believe you want me to be the one who stands next to you. Oh my Pips, thank you so much you made my whole freaking year." Emma cries and hugs me again. A lady with brown hair tied in a messy bun on top of her head with a big bag on her shoulder rushing to our table. That has to be the wedding planner, she looks like she hasn't slept in days and has no intention of ever sleeping. That is probably why we met in a coffee shop. 

"Piper this is Rachel,Rachel this is the bride Piper." Emma says with a big smile on her face. 

"Hi, it's very nice to meet you Piper. Let me just grab a coffee and we can get started." Rachel smiles sweetly at me and I already know Emma picked a good one. Her fist minute as maid of honor and she has already made my life easier and I could not be more thankful. 

"Sure I will be ready when you come back." I smile and pull out my phone to look at a text from Sage.

TEXT:

Hello my beautiful bride to be. I hope you are having a amazing day with Emma. Let me know if you need my help. And remember our day will be perfect as long as you're there. 

-SP

Oh my future husband has jokes today. I will be the first to tell you this wedding will be the death of me. And I wanted you to have opinions on what our wedding will look like. Not just throw the check book at me and tell me to show up. :(

-PS

Pips, you have 5 weeks to plan this wedding I was hoping you would bring some of it home and we could look at it together. I didn't send you out today to plan the enitre wedding without me. We have time babe. Don't stress to much, we could get married in the back yard in jeans and I would be happy.