The Unexpected

I wake up rolling to my side and see Sage sleeping peacefully. He was such a wonderful person inside and out. I got so lucky that he walked into my life. I know I haven't been the easiest person to live with, or love.

But he broke down my walls and opened me up to all the possibilities of life. I have never loved a person before, but I'm so glad I chose him to be the one person I gave all of myself to.

I get out of bed as quietly as I can and Sage grabs my wrist and pulls me on top of him.

"Just where do you think you're going?" He asks as he pepper kisses all over my face and neck. I needed to get up and get ready so I could go take my drivers test. I wanted it to be a surprise, but I was also scared to tell him incase I failed.

"I need to shower and go over this paperwork Mike gave me last night. He don't seem like a very patient man." I half told to truth. I hated lying to Sage but I wanted him to be excited when I showed him I could legally drive my car he bought me.

"Okay well you shower and I'll go downstairs and get breakfast started." He gives me a kiss and a wink before he disappears.

Oh no mister there will be none of that breakfast today. I have a list a mile long of things I had to get done. I shower and get ready for the day. I walk to my night stand and check my phone. Damn I have 5 missed calls and 2 texts. Who would even know this number. I have only had a phone for a few days since Sage said I would need it for him to be able to reach me.

"Miss Smith I've been trying to reach you. We need to go over this paperwork and I have a few questions about yours as well. Mike."

"Piper could you please return my calls. I would like to speak with you without Sage around. I feel like he is clouding your judgement and I need to know this is something you really want to move forward with. Mike."

All texts and miss calls from Mike. I pick up my phone and call him before Sage came and read all these messages and freaked the fuck out.

"Piper it's about dang time you called me back" Mike said when he picked up his phone. What the fuck was his problem?

"Hi Mike it's 9am and I don't appreciate you blowing up my phone. Let's make one thing clear I will never meet you without Sage. You have disrespected him enough and I won't tolerate it any further." I stated in a low tone. I'm growing sick of this prick and his demands.

"I'm sorry Miss Smith I just think he is trying to make choices for you and if you would let me explain my side I could help you see I'm just trying to help you." Mike stated

"No. I will go over the papers and call you if and when I'm ready. Have a good day and do not call me again. I will reach you." I hung up the phone and paced the floor. How dare him demand me not to let Sage come. He was not going to like this at all.

I make my way downstairs and see Sage swaging back and forth in front of the stove. My face is red and I'm so mad, but seeing him so happy and dancing in the kitchen I couldn't help but smile.

"Hi honey. Are you hungry?" He smiles over his shoulder and when he sees my face he turns all the way around. He's at my side in a matter of seconds.

"What happened? Why do you look like you're about to murder someone?" He asks and I couldn't even speak I was to mad. So I just handed him my phone and walked to the stove to finish breakfast. I hear my phone hit the ground and Sage foot stomp on it several times.

"You will not be seeing that fucking asshole again. I don't trust him and I for damn sure don't need someone to tell my girlfriend that I'm clouding her judgement." Sage spat in a fit of rage. His fists were balled up by his sides and I knew he wanted to hit something.