Epilogue.

5 Years later. 

"RJ don't throw that or I will go get your father young lady." I wave my finger at her trying not to smile. 

"Sorry mommy. I just want to help get bubs room done to." She gives me her best puppy dog eyes which melt my heart always, and she knows it. 

We found out we was having a boy a few months ago and to say Sage is over the moon is a understatement. He needs to even the playing field. RJ and I gang up on him all the time, it's quite funny. We've been so busy we just now got started on his room. 

"What's going on in here. Rose are you giving your mom a hard time. I told you to be extra nice to her today. She doesn't feel well baby. Come on let's go get you a snack." Sage picks RJ up and carries her downstairs. I haven't been doing well this go around and I'm not sure if it's because he's a he or because I have been working so hard on the new building we bought for the homeless shelter. 

I wanted a place that didn't feel like somewhere you had to go, but somewhere you wanted to go. A place with fun things to do and nice people to hangout with. So We built one. And the money from my very first concert 5 years ago I donated to all the homeless kids around the word and homeless shelters to get better resources. But the first 3 checks we're smaller than the ones I get now. So I still send them money every year. 

Every child deserves to have a loving home and food in their belly's. I just give them enough to make sure of that. This homeless shelter I have built has to meet all my needs. I want people to have background checks every 6 months and check ins every month with the children for the first year. I don't want kids to end up in a home like I was in. If I can prevent that then I will try my hardest. 

We call it Hope Floats. I loved the movie when I was younger and something about it just seemed perfect. Our organization is to simply help people in need. We help family's who can't afford to feed their children. We help people find homes and jobs. If we can help we will. 

Rosalyn Jade was only 2 when I decided what I wanted to do other than music. I am due in a few weeks so my tour is postponed and now I just write my songs and record them at Lillian's. But I needed something to help my mind relax. I need to pour my heart and soul in something over than words. I needed to make things happen. So that's where Hope Floats comes in. I couldn't have made a better choice with y eyes closed. I have put so much blood sweat and tears into this I can't wait to finally open tomorrow and get people moved in. 

Michael will be born in a few weeks and I won't be able to do anything for weeks, so the time is now. Sage thinks I'm over doing it but I know the children will be happy and safe so it's worth it. And Michael is perfectly healthy so it's okay. 

Sage has expanded his music center and now has them all over the world, helping children through music. I couldn't be more proud of him. He has been my rock though all of this and I would have never done any of this without him. 

Our family of 4 will be perfectly complete in just a few short weeks. I can't wait to hold my baby boy in my arms while his sissy kisses his soft little head. This is all I have ever wanted out of life. A family who loves me unconditionally and one that I could love back. I have moved my mother closer to use so the kids could go visit. I got her a new headstone and made sure she has new flowers every week. RJ loves visiting her nana and she says she can't wait to take bub. Our little family has been doing great over the last 5 years but one thing is for sure, I love being their mother. 

I walk downstairs to find Sage in the rocking chair and a very sleepy RJ in his lap. He's reading her one of his favorite stories. Ours of how we met. I will never keep my past from my children, I want them to know and grow from it. I want them to know they are loved and they can live with us for as long as they need. Until they figure out what they want out of life they have a place here with us. We are not them parents who say okay your 18 now go get a job and move out. No I want them to be ready. 

I kiss Sage and then RJ's head and make my way to the kitchen. I pull out the stuff to make a sandwich when I drop the mayo and feel a sharp pain across my lower back. What the fuck is that?? This never happen with Rosalyn. I double over and hold the counter to keep me from falling. Oh this is it but it's to early. What if he's not ready?

"Piper what is wrong baby. Talk to me is it time?" Sage comes running in the kitchen and picks me up caring me to the couch. He calls the doctor and is pacing back and forth. Which is what I would be doing if I could move. 

"The doctor said to time your contractions, and when you are 20-10 minutes apart to come in. Or if you're in to much pain then go ahead and come in. Piper what do you need? What can I do?" Sage kneels down next to my face and puts his face in the crook of my neck. He would take all my pain away if he could. 

"I need you to help me in the bath and then I need you to load the car and take me to the hospital. Can you do that for me please?" I smile at him to try and ease his pain but I know he will run around the house like a mad man until we leave. Sage hates when I'm in pain and I know he feels like guys should have to go through something too. So he said his job is to pack the car make sure I have everything I need. And when the baby is born he will stay up all night and let me rest. He is one and a million. 

Sage helps me in the bath and the warm water relaxes my back almost immediately. I lay back and relax letting the bubbles hit my chin. I smile to myself knowing my baby boy will be here soon. I call for Sage to help me in clothes and when we get out to the car RJ is bouncing in her seat yelling bubba is coming bubba is coming. I smile at our amazing daughter and close my eyes trying to think of anything but the pain in my back. 

"Back labor." Sage says 

"What?" I asked confused

"The doctor said you are having back labor. You didn't have that with Rose. it's completely normal. So just close your eyes and picture me rubbing your back. We will be there soon baby." Sage puts his hand on my leg and I put my hand on top of his. This man could have had anyone and he chose me. He saved me. 

"5lbs 12oz and 20 inches long. It's a boy." The doctor held him up so we could see and Sage looked like he was going to pass out. 

"Sage honey are you okay?" I asked worried but he didn't speak. He just looked at Michael like he was the best thing he has ever seen. But he didn't look well. His face was pale and he hasn't blinked in a good 5 minutes. 

And then it came. Tear ran down his cheeks and his hand flew to his face. He was in shock because Michael came so early and I was in a lot more pain this time. Sage is a big man with a even bigger heart. When he loves he loves with his entire heart and soul. 

"I was so worried. I didn't think you guys was going to make it and when everything turned out fine I went into shock. I'm sorry I didn't mean to worry you. I love you and I'm so proud of you in every single way. 

"I love you Sage Michael." I whisper and I hear a loud happy little girl bouncing through the door. 

"Mommy, mommy. Can I see bubba. Pweaseeee?" I smile down at her and look at Sage. Sage puts her on the bed with me and I have Michael James in one arm and Rosalyn Jade in the other. And Sage sat down beside me. 

"Now that's what a happy family looks like. Say cheese." The lady says with a camera. 

As she takes the picture Sage kisses my forehead, and RJ kissed MJ's forehead. Like father like daughter. My happily ever after is finally complete. 

The End.

A.N

This story has came to a end. I hope you all enjoyed as much as I did. 

Let me know what you thought. 

Thank you all so much for reading Piper and Sage's story. 

As always loves. Stay beautiful. 

xo Meg