How to love the hard to love..

-Sage

When Piper told me everything that happened to her from her past, I felt a rage in me I hadn't felt in a very long time. I want to find and hurt every single one of the bastards for touching my little red. I felt my eyes grow wet, and when she looked up at me, I lost all control and just let the tears fall. I have so much pride in my heart for this woman.

Piper has no idea how much of a survivor she is and how much stronger she is because of the things she has been through; I'm so thankful she lets me help heal her. But I have so much in store for her she has no idea.

I told her I was going to show her how a man treats a woman, and she had no idea what I had in mind. As soon as she asked me to kiss her, I could tell that I was her first.

She was so innocent, but I knew she had a fire inside her deep down. When she had orgasmed for the first time, it was music to my ears. It felt so good that she let me be her first. I hope she would let me be her first for many things, not just sex.

When Piper and I woke up from our little nap, I couldn't help but admire her beauty, and she is the most beautiful woman inside and out. I want to take her places she has never been mentally and physically. She has lived a rough life, but that was all in the past; I will make damn sure her future is filled with love and happiness.

When I woke up, I went to shower; she joined me a few minutes later. I knew she would seek me out, but I had no idea she would have joined me.

She started washing me, and I knew how this would end. She wasn't ready for that yet. She needed to heal first. I kissed her lips and looked into her eyes; I needed to find anything that would tell me she felt the same as I did. I looked one more time and nothing. I sighed and turned to walk to my bedroom.

She comes in there yelling at me, demanding me tell her what that was about. But I couldn't; it was too soon, and she didn't feel the same about me just yet. I loved watching her get mad. Little red fits her oh so well, my little spitfire. Puffing her chest outpointing her finger at me, I swear she was going to explode; it was sexy as hell. But I would never tell her that I liked seeing her mad. It would only piss her off more.

She stormed off to her bedroom and laid on her bed in a fit of tears again, But this time the tears were my fault, and I felt like a complete jerk.

"Pips," I called her name in a whisper, so scared as what I was about to tell her. She deserved to know the truth even if she didn't feel the same way. She asked if I would punish her as every other guy has in her life, and I felt like she slapped me in the face. I winced and looked at her. Is this how she felt about me?

She then apologized, saying I could take as much time as needed. My little red is the sweetest person I have ever met. How could anyone hurt her? I felt the anger boil inside me again; I had to push it away because what I was about to say needed to come from a loving place, not an angry one.

"I love you, and I would never punish or harm you," I whisper. I almost didn't hear myself.

"You love me?" She asked, never taking her eyes off of mine. She looks at me in shock like she has never heard the words before, like no one in this world has ever loved her. Oh, this isn't good. I just freaked her out.

But I can't help it; it's how I feel. I don't want to live in a world she's not in. She may think she has so much darkness in her, but she only brings light into my life. I have watched her for months and not shown my face for these reasons alone.

I was scared that she would never love me. I was scared she wouldn't accept my help. I was afraid that I was already falling for her and she had never even met me. I was afraid of her...

She is so beautiful and living on the streets fighting for everything she believes in. I was afraid she would see me as some rich guy that had his life handed to him. Not the real me who has worked for everything I have. I earned all of it on my own, just like her. I was homeless and living with friends trying to save all I could to start my business. I was so passionate about helping other people that I just knew I could do it with the right amount of money and enough time.

I know how Piper feels; no help at all on her own. That's all fine and dandy, but I had places to stay she did not. That is where we are different. I want to be that friend for her. Oh hell, who am I kidding? I fucking love this girl, and I need her. I don't want to live my life without her. I want it to be our life together.

I feel selfish for even thinking this way after everything she has been through, but I know I can help her in so many ways. And she is already helping me by sleeping in my house, so I know she will always be safe. This is her home, and she is mine.

I've been lost in my thoughts, and she asked me if I loved her. Is she kidding me right now? Of course, I love her; how could I not? She is everything I have ever wanted in a woman—strong, independent, and stubborn. And boy was this girl smart, she is going to change the world, and I can't wait to watch.

"Yes, I love you. I heard you open your mouth; I loved you then. I love you now, and I'm sorry this is all too soon; I felt you should know the truth. I don't want to be just your friend; I want to be your everything. But I will be just your friend if that is all you want from me, and I will find a way to be okay with that. But I will always put your future first before anything else.

I promise you that.

I need you to know how I feel so I'm not hiding anything from you. So when we were in the shower, and I looked at you, I was trying to see if maybe just maybe you loved me too. But I know you have only just met me, and I have seen you longer. But after you shared your story with me, I only fell more in love with you, Piper Maire Smith. I'm sorry, but I don't know how to stop.

"Don't," She whispered

"Don't?" I asked

"Yes, I may not be ready now, but that doesn't mean I won't be one day. So please don't stop loving me. No one has ever loved me. I'm new to this, but I know that I like the way it feels." She says while stroking my cheek lightly with her knuckles.

"I promise I could never stop even if you wanted me to. You are my light, and I need you more than I have ever needed anything in my entire life. Come little red, and we have to get ready your future a waits." I kissed her cheek and left her with my heart. Only she will know what to do with it.