No Friend To Trust

-Part 2-

"Lady Margarita!" The stoic face of Viscount's daughter Lady Evelyn turns to a wide smiling and inviting face.
"I am so happy to see you. I have been waiting." Lady Evelyn moves away from the crowd of people encircling her and moves to her side.

"A good afternoon to you too, Lady Evelyn." The same polite but distant greetings from Margarita didn't bother the Viscount's daughter.

"Are you alone? Where is your Nanny?"

"She went back to her hometown. I am with X. He is just greeting some important people."

"Yes. Sir X. I wonder how long was the last time I met him." She blushes.

"Oh?"
Margarita says in a startled expression.

Lady Evelyn's face blushes.
"No..I didn't mean anything bad. I just....admire Sir X beautiful black hair."

"I see." She doesn't like any weird rumor about her servant and the Viscount's daughter who is now engaged so she starts walking away but Lady Evelyn follows her.

"Is there something more?" She asks when she looks back and sees Lady Evelyn looking at her.

"Uh....I....I invited Lady Emely today. You won't feel uncomfortable, right?"

"Why would I?"
She smiles but her eyes are cold.

Lady Evelyn smiles and nods.

"I know you will say that. Enjoy the party." She said before leaving to talk to the other guests.

X appears behind her.

"Do not be caught alone with that woman."

"Yes?"

"She likes you."

X is speechless but Margarita's serious expression makes him nod.
"I understand."

"Do not let anyone use you against our family. My father trusts you a lot."

X nods more seriously this time.
"I know."

Trust.
Margarita trusts nobody but she won't let the people around her to losts the people they trust.
Nanny Jessy is inevitable because she is not worthy of trust.
The Duke that she never met. He is the only one she wanted to trust so far because he is the original body's father.

The party is lively.
The guests arrive and flatter the host.
The Crown Prince and Lady Emely arrive too.

Crown Prince spotted Margarita the moment his feet stepped in the large garden.
Margarita, unlike her previous behaviour, she looks calmer. She usually used her threatening gaze to shoos people away. But now she is calm and elegant.
Talking a bit and greeting people.

"Your highness?" Lady Emely and Lady Evelyn both look at him.

"....Good afternoon Lady Evelyn. Your garden is really pretty."

"Your highness, you flatter me too much. Actually my mother made sure to maintain our garden, I will tell her you praise it. I am sure she will be delighted."

"Viscountess really is amazing."

The courtesy flattery is over.
The two step away to give the other guests a chance to greet the party's host.

"Where are you looking back then, your highness?" Softly, Lady Emely asks as if she is hurting.

Crown Prince glances at her.
"Do not think too much. Are you saying I can't look at her? I am just curious and nothing else."