Father and Son

Sitting on the garden. The two, Father and son are facing each other with their warm smiles.

"I know I neglect you for too long. But believe me that all I did is for your sake."
The King said and put the tea up to smell it before drinking a sip.

Dwayn nods.
"I know father. I do not blame you." He said.

The King smirks.
"Really? Dwayn, I am your father. You can tell me the truth." Demetri reaches Dwayn's hand and put his palm over his hand. He felt Dwayn trembles.

"......."

Demetri sighs.
"Listen Dwayn....I want you to be engage with Margarita Frost. Though your brother Diego will be the next king. You can help him grow this kingdom by standing by his side. Guiding him."
He said softly.
"I know I'm not the best father. Butyou do understand me, right, my son?"

Dwayn raised his head and smiles brightly.
"Do you really.....Need me father?"

Demetri is startled.
He didn't expect this reaction. He was prepared when Dwayn throw a tantrum and object.

Demetri sighs in his heart.
'A child is still a child. Always asking for their parents love and attention. Even my smartest son can be this easily fooled? Or is he playing games with me?'

"Of course. I need you and believe in you."

Tears suddenly welled up in his eyes.
Dwayn wipes it hurriedly.
Demetri is shock.

Dwayn blushes.

"I'm sorry its very unlike me..."

"Y-yeah..." Demetri, the King knows that Dwayn is a man who even you killed him, he will not cry. So he is sure he is up to no good.

"You see...Today is my birthday." Dwayn said. "So..I am extra emotional."

The King smiles brightly.
'What a spoil kid. Who cares if it's your birthday? Are you so happy you start thinking I will love you?'
"Of course. Father knows. Father brings a gift." Demetri motion to send his gift inside.
He is glad he thought of bribing Dwayn to agree to ve engage with Margarita Frost so he didn't come empty handed.

"A gift from father? You really remember my birthday?" Dwayn looks shock, hurt and happy.
It makes Demetri more sure that he is not faking his expression

"Of course. I will not forget." He said happily. He takes the gift and stand up to give if personally to Dwayn.

He reachrs and rubs his head.
"You grow so big now. Father wants to talk to you more. Learn more about you and be with you more and more."

Dwayn stiffened and looks up.
"R-really? What about Diego?"

Demetri chuckles happily.
"What about that idiot? Father will play more with you."

Dwayn pouts and look away.
"I am not a child."

The King happilu laugh.
"I know. I know. But to father. You will always be my young boy."

Dwayn blushes and hides  his face using the King's gift.
"You are just saying that..."
You can hear his loneliness and pain.

The King sighs.
"Dwayn, father is sorry for all those years. I will show you how sincere father is from now on. So show me your face."
The king said pulling the gift down

Dwayn face is red and his eyes are reddened.

The King is extremely satisfied.