v

jeongguk took out a mini first aid kit and sat down in front of me

as expected from a med student.

he diluted the antiseptic and dabbed the cotton dipped, onto my scratched knees.

i winced as the antiseptic burned my skin.

he looked at me in worry. "i'm sorry." he mumbled as he blew lightly on the wound.

i looked at him in awe. people at the university envied me for having jeongguk around me. i loved him. but as a friend only. even though my heart thumped out of my rib cage when i was around him. i never shared any romantic feelings for him. he was the sweet, studious, disciplined and obedient student. a perfect example of an all-rounder, taking into account of his godly looks and his achievements in football.

1year back;

we met at a party. our team had won the match and a party was held at song kang's house, the captain of the football team. students from all majors were present there. including me, a biomedical engineering student. i clearly said 'no'. a big fat one. but when kim jisoo, gave me her puppy eyes and got joohyun on her side, i had no choice but to agree. and then i was stuck between half-drunk people at song kang's house.

while jisoo and joohyun wore simple knee-length dresses, i on the other hand, wore my most glamorous outfit, bell-bottom jeans, and a plain white shirt. both of them gave me a skeptical look and practically disowned me when i picked up my bag. but i didn't care.

what i only wanted was, to find a peaceful place to sit, and food. of course.

jisoo just vanished as soon as she stepped into the house. joohyun was dragged by her second-year friends. she was about to drag me with her but i strongly denied. she was extremely social, and i didn't want to embarrass her due to my shyness.

not wanting to get involved in any sort of truth or dare games or seven minutes in heaven, i slipped out into the balcony, not wanting song kang to follow me and sat down, shutting the glass door behind me. i took out my book, rather my notes and began revising them for the next test, and to be honest it was fine. i was fine, the moon shined brightly, but i still turned on the little ceiling lamp, so that i don't lose my eyesight furthermore, everything was going as per my plan.

when the door opened.

the university's heartthrob stood there. faded jeans, that accentuated his muscular thighs, a white dress shirt with the top two buttons undone, giving a hint of his clavicle.

"hey, mind if i sit here?" jeongguk asked giving me a small hint of a smile, snapping me out of my daze.

"not at all."

"you're reading?!" he sounded amused as he took the chair in front of me.

i nodded.

he stared at me. analyzing my outfit maybe.