vii

the whole of the evening went into the decorations and preparations

except for that fact, that it was exceptionally eventful.

my father was too excited to decorate the dining area and put the fairy lights that he forgot about the cake. so he called up hoseok and asked him to pick it up.

turned out my father forgot to tell him the street, where the bakery was, and poor hoseok went to the other side of the town, only to find out that we had given no particular order of a cake.

finally, when my sister gave him the correct and full details, he arrived with the cake in an hour. my father apologised time and again, but hoseok being the sunshine, just smiled and told him that it's fine.

"if you keep apologising uncle, i'll start feeling bad for not asking the full details, instead." he joked.

joohyun and jisoo did an amazing job at decorating the table, and placed the cake in the middle where it was supposed to be cut.

jeongguk and i set the dining table, folding up towel napkins in every authentic shape as possible and laying out the crockery neatly. though i was told to rest time and again, i didn't feel like it. so every fifteen minutes my father came to check on me when jeongguk wasn't around.

mother was busy with hoseok's parents in garnishing the delicious dishes they had prepared together.

it was such a beautiful feeling to have family around. i almost forgot it's a birthday party.

later in the evening, my uncle and father went to check the house, where the new coming family was to settle.

"sweet jesus." hoseok sighed sitting next to us, with a coffee in his hand. "bae, you fine?" he squeezed my cold hands, providing me with some warmth.

"yes. i'm much better now."

he looked at my sister, and i clearly knew what they were thinking.

"you shouldn't have gone alone bae." he finally spoke. "why? you know your life is in constant danger, why are you keeping up with all this?" his whispered this time.

"i know hope, but i'm not ready to tell mom or dad as of yet. when the time is right i will."

"you see hope? this is what she says everytime i ask her to tell mom and dad. she never listens." joohyun huffed.

"because it's not easy joo." i sighed.

as much as i wanted to tell my parents, i couldn't. i have some spirits, who constantly threaten me not to mention any of this to anyone. why? because then, they will find out a way to get rid of my ability. at any cost. take me to the church, do anything to end my suffering. and losing my special ability, would mean that they won't have any human medium as vulnerable as me. their messages to their loved ones, their aura, that becomes stronger by feeding off my energy, all of that would be gone.