l

music credit to bear mccreary

music credit to bear mccreary. dark mode advised. 'you' and 'son taeyong' has been used interchangeably, so if any confusion arises, do not hesistate to clear out:)

narrator:

choi jeongshin's eyes teared up for the second time ever, after he saw his blood-related sister die in the hospital.

more so, the scar that never healed was that his father didn't have one ounce of remorse as he saw his daughter die.

and now, as he stood beside the unconscious male covered with a jacket, he cried, wiping his tears furiously as he saw you struggling to fight for your soul.

where the boys with you believed that they had lost you, choi jeongshin knew that you are fighting- and you will be victorious in the battle. the only thing he hoped for- was that it wouldn't be too late.

"i'm so sorry noona." he whispered into the emptiness. literally, since the girl who made him feel at home in the lonely world between life and death was now a hostage herself.

nobody could hear him as he cried to himself and apologized to no one for not being able to help you.

from the periphery of his vision, he made out the plump lipped guy- the guy with the broken nose, kim seokjin help another shorter male carrying your friend on his back.

jeongshin shifted closer to the tree, watching the two boys struggle in laying down your friend against the tree, he made space for him as they helped him sit near the unconscious male he recalled as namjoon.

speaking a few incoherent words to your friend- jeongguk, jeongshin saw seokjin and yoongi make their way towards you- in an attempt to save the on the verge of dying cousin.

his feet itching to help, nevertheless he just stood there. arms crossed against his chest, he stayed back. he had no courage to be in front of you. the least he could do was protect your friends if anything came near them.

just like how he protected you on the day of the freshman party.

not letting his aura slack, jeongshin twitched, even at the slight sound of jeongguk shifting uncomfortably. he pressed his lips in a thin line, pushing away his bangs that interrupted his sight as he saw your savior and yoongi tie your convulsing form to the broken car as seokjin called out to you only to be interrupted by a foreign car entering the scene, the headlights blinding him and the only thing he could make out was another recognizable boy and another girl rush out of the car towards where you were tied.

 he pressed his lips in a thin line, pushing away his bangs that interrupted his sight as he saw your savior and yoongi tie your convulsing form to the broken car as seokjin called out to you only to be interrupted by a foreign car entering the sc...