*li*

(tune into melancholia:)

you lifted your head from the damp grass. the weariness that ran through your vessels didn't help either as you tried to get up, and your head thumped back into the ground. yet, you kept your eyes open.

the place was very different from what you last remembered. with taehyung, jeongguk and yeoubi, and a strange voice-more like a hiss that called out to you.

the hiker's base was anything like where you were right now.

this place was much more serene. cool water flowed by, eddying around the twigs of a fallen tree branch. behind you was a willow tree. across the way sat a kingfisher, its blue plumage resplendent it what must be the light of summer, though early in the morning. you cast your eyes up to find the sun but it wasn't there.

the faint glow wasn't bright, but just enough to see the natural beauty around as it provided a warmth that was in a contrast with your cold form.

shuffling in your position, you grunted, pain shooting up your arms, stomach, head- your whole body throbbed as you got up, arm wrapped around your torso.

taking slow steady steps towards the stream you dipped your hand into the water and brought it out, watching the drips form their ever increasing circles on impact. so vivid. you held the wetted fingers to the air, there was a breeze, just softly. forgetting about your whereabouts for a moment, you smiled.

there was pain. but there was peace too. the juxtaposition confusing you as you got up, another slight pain, but nothing that would stop you from walking further.

the chirping of the birds had another sound to it.

a child giggling.

you gulped walking forward, pace a bit faster as you moved amidst the mist, the playful giggle coming closer and closer.

squinting, you saw a boy.

arms raised to his side, making a perfect straight angle, he ran around the lush green grass, laughing all alone.

you smiled, just a bit lightly seeing the young boy. but the smile dropped as he turned around, running towards you and stopped right in front of you.

a whisper stuttering out of your mouth, you pointed a shaky finger at him.

"y-you?"