xxvi

narrator

narrator

the whole week went by. with kim taehyung accompanying you to university. and you reminiscing old times, bringing some funny memories, and now - you liked his company. scratch that.

you loved his company. walking to university wasn't boring anymore. and most importantly you did not see any of the dead people for the past few days on your way to school.

"noona?"

your attention was diverted to the boy playing in your room. he told you about where all he travelled and how many people he scared.

"you know noona? han river is so beautiful!" jeongshin's eyes sparkled. "i always wanted to go there but.."

his voice trailed off.

but i died.

choi jeongshin was more like your brother. the boy entered your life when you were at a restaurant, in your freshman welcome party. being the awkward one, you were extremely nervous in front of all others.

everyone took shots of soju, ate to their fullest extent, since song kang's brother was the owner, and he encouraged everyone to have whatever they pleased, while you just drank juice and had samgyeopsal (which was another reason why jeongguk and you practically fell in love with each other. platonically speaking.)

so you went out for fresh air and walked around the dimly lit street. fishing out your phone from your jeans you called your mother saying that you'll be home by 11 pm also informing her that your battery was about to die down. it was all good when suddenly you heard footsteps following you.

shit.

you couldn't turn back and run. and it was dead-end in front. it was too dark and you mentally cursed yourself for coming out of the restaurant.

the drunk man followed you, falling thrice before reaching close to you. you could smell the alcohol from afar.

kick him in the shins.

you remembered uma thurman in kill bill.

you were ready, feet in position to kick him when he fell down without you putting your plan in action. crying in pain.

and there you saw your knight in shining armour.

the ten-year-old boy. who had thrown a stone, on the head, which caused him to faint.

"you okay noona?" the boy asked.

you nodded. shocked.

whether from the fact that you were about to be harassed or from the fact that a dead boy saved your life.

"thank you so much." you could hug the living daylights of the boy.

if you could have.

and since then, he stuck by your side.