xxi

sleep is for the weak

and no one would be able to sleep after a seeing a deceased, let alone talking to them.

so instead of going back to sleep, i dragged myself to my study table. first thing after switching on the lights, i opened my laptop and began my research.

near the geumho river, a small town lied, that was where i was supposed to go. once sure of the location, i took a look at the trains that were supposed to leave from dongdaegu station today.

but i couldn't go alone. my father, he would never let me go out alone, that too near the old part of the province. and he would take me to the church first, if he got to know the reason why i wanted to go there.

but then i realized that i had agreed to help her, and i couldn't back out. not to mention, it was weekend and it was the only time i could manage to travel not worrying about university.

hoseok.

a small voice in my head piped up and i immediately grabbed my mobile.

three rings and a groggy voice picked up.

"bae, tell me you are fine." he sounded worried.

so i told him. right from the first sighting of the woman, to her asking for help.

for a minute it was silence. and then i could hear him sigh.

"bae you need to learn to say no." i could sense he was wide awake. "you cannot go helping around each and every ghost you see."

i pouted. not being able to say no was one of my biggest weakness.

"what would you do if a dead pregnant woman comes to you? will you be able to say no to her face? especially after seeing her balling her eyes out in your room?"

"jesus no woman." he sounded scared. " i am very much grateful for not seeing dead people every where I go."

"hope, you are not helping." i dead panned.

"okay-okay, fine. the fastest train takes about four hours." he sighed, as i could hear shuffling on the other side. "it leaves at 10 in the morning. i'll be at your door at 9."

hope bloomed in my heart. the literal one. i knew he would not say no.

"ask joohyun to come along too." he continued as i hummed in agreement. "i will tell uncle that i have to meet some producers and joohyun can say that she has some work."

"what work?"

"that she will handle don't worry." he said and i could hear him walking. "i'll ask my manager to book the tickets."

"thank you so much hope. i love you."

"you are not alone bae." his voice was soft and i could imagine him smiling. "love you too."