xii

i woke up to sounds of shuffling and muffled voices

adjusting to the bright ceiling light that shone upon my eyes, i tried to get up but failed miserably. and i noticed that i wasn't in my room. i was in the living room, on the couch, with a blanket covering my body.

seeing me struggle to get up, taehyung immediately rushed to my side and supported me. his hair disheveled and eyes showing a hint of red, i clearly understood he didn't sleep properly.

"bae, you're awake!" jeongguk pushed aside the blanket as he sat in front of me. "what happened bae?"

i blinked my eyes and events of last night rushed to my memory. moreover how i held onto taehyung like my life depended on it.

i gulped as joohyun got me a glass of water, revealing my tensed parents behind her. the boys and jisoo had a frown on their faces. clearly telling me that they were extremely worried.

"bae," jeongguk's soft voice pulled me out of my thoughts. "you fainted last night. please tell me-us what happened."

he was really worried. i could tell. his doe eyes ran across my face in worry.

"y/n. you aren't eating properly." my mother sat down on the couch. "is there something troubling you?" she caressed my hair, running her fingers and fixing my tangles.

"i-i am okay maa. i guess yesterday was a bit too eventful for me." i tried to laugh. "you know how much of a laid back person i am." i tried to make an excuse, hoping that they would buy it.

taehyung's hand rest on my back as drew invisible circles there, soothing me down.

my father didn't speak anything and just looked at me. i knew he was upset.

upset that i was hiding something. my mother could sense it too, i knew it, but she didn't probe further. and i am thankful for it.

"thank god taehyung was there and he could help you out." joohyun said.

"please take care y/n, you don't need to stress out right?" mr.kim spoke up for the first time. "now, what would you like to eat?"

and just like that, all of them told me to take care, eat properly, stay hydrated, not to worry about exams and what not. i kept nodding. not saying anything. everyone believed that i was stressed out. except for jeongguk, hoseok, joohyun,jisoo and taehyung ofcourse.

my father was upset. and i knew i had to talk to him later.

so i asked joohyun to help freshen up whilst jisoo helped mrs.kim and my mother prepare the breakfast. seokjin offered to drop namjoon at his home, along with yoongi and jimin. four of them hugged me, patting my back affectionately and wishing a advance new year.

"i wanted to celebrate with you guys." jimin pouted.

"not now jimin, you know she's not well." seokjin said sternly as he looked at me. "take care y/n, you know if, even one of us is not well, all of us need the healing."