xx

(mention of blood

(mention of blood. please skip if uncomfortable)

-•-

my mother invited jeongguk's parents and taehyung's parents too.

of course, both of them were unaware of that fact.

joohyun came home for the first time that week and it was like a family reunion.

quickly changing and washing our hands and feet, we all headed to the backyard where my father was setting up the barbecue.

"darling?" he called out when he saw me and i ran to him, hugging him from behind. "how was your day?"

"good paa. what about you?"

so he told me about how his boss stepped on bird poop and stayed angry for the rest of the day, making me laugh loudly.

my father kept his promise. asked about how my day went, helped me with assignments and everything.

"do me a favor darling. go inside and set the table. it will rain soon, so i will quickly grill the meat." he flipped around the red hot coals and began cutting the beef into small pieces.

i nodded and went inside.

i was feeling much more healthy and happy for the past few days.

just some occasional spirits. that's it.

not that boy. who i was most scared off.

and i were truly for that. finally being able to concentrate on my own life rather than solving their's.

as i began to set the table, i started humming to keep myself busy. and remind myself that i am not alone.

the night we met.

one of my favorite songs. and his too.

my body swayed gently, as if on it's own accord, as i took a step, placing the napkins and the quarter plates neatly.

i felt like barbie, from the 12 dancing princesses. childhood nostalgia hitting me and felt myself gliding across the length of the room.

anyone who would see me, would definitely be scared, wondering what am i doing.

but i didn't care.

i felt happy.

and as i was singing and dancing, flipping my hair, another, deep, voice joined me.

i abruptly stopped as i saw the boy standing behind me.

"tae!" i gasped, blushing as now, i knew for certain that he saw me dancing like a crazy girl.

"don't stop." he smiled as he took my hand and pulled me towards him.

my heart skipped a beat as i was pulled in his arms.