xxviii

mention of blood and murder)

-•-

the events ran through my mind.

i was scared beyond my wits.

never in my life i felt so frightened.

taehyung's wound showed, just on the corner of his mouth, and he was advised not to speak much.

by jeongguk of course.

due to his actual medical condition or jeongguk's inner wish to see him quiet.

i didn't know.

taehyung and i walked on the pedestrian, taehyung occasionally dabbing the cotton pad to his wound.

it was still early when the clouds gave of their drizzle to the grass and trees, when the road became alive with more splashes than my eyes could appreciate. yet together they did not bring a soothing sound, a natural melody every bit as beautiful as a mother's soulful hum.

for the first time, the coming of the rain did not lift up my spirits.

mood.

i had grown allergic to the word spirits.

once taehyung and i entered the university premises, we saw jeongguk and yeoubi standing there.

agitation and worry clearly displayed across their faces.

something was wrong.

something was about to happen.

"it's okay. nothing will." taehyung whispered before the two people waiting for us called out.

"hyung are you feeling better?"

jeongguk's eyes momentarily rested on his cut and taehyung nodded. giving him a thumbs up.

"i heard what happened yesterday." yeoubi's forehead was creased.

"the janitor has gone to check the laboratory."

"i am still scared to be honest." i mumbled

"scared?" jeongguk looked at me confused as he wiped his glasses with his shirt and placed them back on his nose. "of what?"

"whatever happened yesterday jeon."

"what's there to be scared of bae? it was the weather." he shrugged.

was it?

i was about to tell them, how cold it felt, shivers still running down my spine when i think of yesterday.

when i was collided with a shoulder.

really hard.

"ow!" i rubbed the sore spot