xxxi

narrator

narrator

the whole week, you did not utter anything except for an occasional yes, no, sorry, thank you and excuse me.

basic vocabulary that got you out of any situation.

for the first two days, your father himself dropped you and taehyung to university. but he was a busy man, and as much as he wanted to continue doing that he couldn't.

he had strictly told joohyun that you would not be walking the ramp. and somewhere you were thankful. 

and as soon as another girl, chae eunhya was selected to walk the ramp with taehyung, he too politely denied to walk the ramp.

"i volunteered only for bae. now that she is not doing it, i won't too."

one sentence, and joohyun did not question it further. 

the whole week, the cops accompanied you to the university and back home. they stood in the corridors, outside the classes, outside the cafeteria and outside your house.

the students looked at you in pity, some offering you to help with notes and classwork, advising you to stay home and rest.

some irritated, to see officers at each door, getting checked before entering the campus.

and you were the cause of it according to them.

somewhere in your pre conscious, you knew it was your fault of being able to see dead people. not theirs.

every student's dream is to enjoy university life. not spend it amidst a murders and cops.

your vexation was through the sky. the cops always behind you, ahead of you. dismissing students and other people who came near you.

but they were just doing their job. 

you wanted to scream out loud and tell that the cops would not be able to protect you when the seeming psychopath killer is not someone alive. but someone dead, and they are incapable of doing anything to him.

your life was monotonous. the only thing you were grateful for was taehyung being by your side every minute.

the simple gesture of holding hands, the subtle things he did, like doing the research instead of you when you slept to lessen your burden made you fall for him even more.

now, you stood outside the house in the garden, wearing a black knee length dress and black shoes.

staring at the backs of the cops who stood outside the gate, guns ready in their hands.

a mocking laugh threatened to stifle from you throat imagining the cops firing into thin air.

the students were called for the funeral of the beloved man that left too soon.