xxiv

"shit

"shit. shit. shit." i mumbled gritting my teeth as we walked faster.

"walk on this side." i spoke through my gritted teeth, telling hoseok and joohyun to follow me as i saw a fire victim stumble his way opposite to us.

"wh-"

"no please." i whispered as i sensed him get closer to us. and thankfully he listened and continued on his own path. i had no energy to deal with more.

"what are you saying y/n?" joohyun held onto hoseok tightly.

"not to you. there was this fire victim coming near us." i explained as we saw some light through the blinding fog.

"but i cannot see anyone." she mumbled. "oh shit. how many more do you see?"

a lot.

"just keep walking. don't bother." i glanced back at the two scared people behind me.

"where the heck is the station?" hoseok sighed.

the moment hyunho told us that this town has dead people, lingering around every corner, and that people stayed here to communicate with them, we made our way back to the station as soon as possible.

it was just an hour before the departure and we had walk, since there were no local transport. all shut down. which definitely did  not help our prayers of reaching early.

but, sometimes, luck is on our side.

finding a taxi, on the outskirts of the town, we reached the station just in time to see people getting on board.

hoseok and joohyun were beyond tired so i told them to sit inside whilst i got coffee.

i hated waiting in queues. but these two helped me so much, that standing in line to get a coffee was next to nothing.

the first announcement was made as i made my way through people and seats, finding our cabin and settling down comfortably.

it was pitch dark outside, fog and mist surrounding with next to zero visibility. i wished we reached our home on time. safely.

hoseok took a sip of the coffee and throwed his head back in contentment.

joohyun crossed her legs as she sat up, overing her legs with a jacket.

"isn't the weather getting extremely unpredictable?" she said pouring hot water in the cup noodles our mom gave us, making us one each.

"i don't think it's the weather here." hoseok mumbled, eyes still closed making us look at him.

he sensed us through his eyes shut.

"a place where people stay to talk to deceased. do you expect the weather to be bright and summary?! of course it will be dark and gloomy with ghosts lurking around every corner."