xix

narrator

narrator

you took your lab coat and thanked professor song.

"in my five years of teaching anatomy, i have barely come across such diligent students." professor song smiled as he put a tick across your and yeoubi's name and then looked at you both. he then pointed to the stacked coats at the back of the staff room.

"i guess i clearly announced to collect the coats in the morning." he shrugged as if he was used to this. "now they'll come running just before the practical starts and then put everyone in a hassle."

you both didn't know how to react to that. so you just gave a tight smile.

"anyways." he smiled again, sensing your awkwardness. "i look forward to you both doing well in my class. jeongguk will help you both." he patted yeoubi's shoulder and nodded at you. "see you later."

"thank you professor." you both bowed.

"y/n-ah." yeoubi called out to you as you both stuffed the coat in your bags and walked to your class. "thank you so much."

you looked at her in surprise, wide eyed.

"for what?"

"for making me so comfortable here. mom was scared that i would not like it here." she smiled.

you smiled at her while giving her a slight reassuring squeeze.

"no thank you's yeoubi! i am glad you are fine. i cannot even imagine how difficult it might be to adjust to a new place."

she didn't say anything. just smiled at you.

kang yeoubi was more than grateful to have you as her friend.

-•-

"algorithm is a step-by-step procedure, which defines a set of instructions to be executed in a certain order to get the desired output." professor park wrote down on the smart board. "they are generally created independent of underlying languages, i.e. an algorithm can be implemented in more than one programming language."

he placed down the pen and turned to the class.

you sighed, practically laying down on the table. data structure just wasn't your cup of tea. looking over at the girl beside you, you sighed again.

kang yeoubi was focused and was understanding everything easily-as you could notice- by the speed with which she was scribbling down in her text book.

"now." professor park's voice was higher by a few octaves bringing you back to attention. "as i told you, for data structuring, it is important to know the categories and characteristics of algorithms. you understand that, data structure will be as easy as making tea. otherwise students struggle to get a decent score."

where's the lie though?

"so i want you all to get in pairs and prepare a written report on characteristics and categories of algorithms."

a sea of sighs and whines erupted from the class.

professor park hushed all of them and continued.

"the report you prepare will be graded and thus will help you in the annual exam."

you immediately got up.

"the scores will be calculated on the basis of how well you do this report. and of course the written exam and practicals." he concluded. "and the report that you will be preparing, don't think you'll get away with just handing it in. viva will be based on that, so better understand and do it."

he walked to the table in the centre of the class and leaned on it.

"so give me your names please. as soon as possible."

yeoubi and you both immediately shot up your hands.

professor park jumped, slightly startled.

"o-okay. that was quick." he pulled on a smile and nodded before scribbling down your names. "kang yeoubi and bae y/n."

you both nodded and secretly high fived each other.

song kang, who happened to be sitting behind you tsked. clearly not happy that you both partnered up.

-•-

it was hectic. but it didn't matter. your mother had called you up to reach home early and not loiter around after university.

your mom had cooked bulgogi and samgyeopsal with bibimbap. your mouth watered hearing that. and when jeongguk saw your state he pulled your mobile from your grip and put it on speaker.

"aunt, bae just drooled." he looked at you in disgust.

"jeongguk." your mother beamed and you could imagine her smiling. "come over son, samgyeopsal, bulgogi and bibimbap is in the menu."

jeongguk's doe eye widened as his mouth hung open and his stomach rumbled loudly.

"i will take it as a yes. you both come over as soon as possible."

"bae!" you looked over your shoulder to find the source of voice and it was none other than kim taehyung.

"get taehyung along with you too!" your mother spoke as you heard sizzling over the other side of the line. "don't be late." she said sternly as she cut the phone.

you turned your attention back to taehyung as he jogged over to you both.

"yeoubi took the bus." he bent over, resting his hands on his knees as he caught his breath.

you thanked him for dropping yeoubi. she was taking the bus for the first time and you asked taehyung to help. since jeongguk dragged you to the lab to collect his file. he didn't want to go alone.

"what were you talking about?" he asked still breathing heavily.

"aren't you a bit unfit hyung?" jeongguk snickered as he saw the elder one struggling to catch his breath.

you quickly took out your water bottle and handed it to him, which he drank instantly.

"true jeon. i haven't been working out lately." he said casually. "but i will, soon. so thanks for the concern."

the sarcasm between the boys never died. you were surprised that they talked normally and didn't pull each others hair.

"come with us tae." you said as he handed you the water bottle.

taehyung's eyes widened as he heard the nickname.

the nickname you used to call him years back. his heart skipped a beat and he felt giddy.

but you weren't aware of that and the name just slipped out of your mouth. so taehyung quickly covered up his reaction.

"we are going home together bae."

"no, as in come to my house. mom has invited you and jeon." you smiled getting up, dusting your pants.

taehyung looked at you and then jeongguk. and then quickly agreed.

he didn't want to miss any moment to be with you.

"sure bae."

*******

kim taehyung or jeongguk? if there was one to choose, who would you go for?

unedited
double update loves, swipe up♡