xli

(music credits to COAC, tune into it!)

narrator:

"uncle, i promise to not leave her alone." 

 kim taehyung joined his hands, rubbing them continuously, requesting your father to let you go on the field trip.

more like on a mission to save yourself. and the ones around you.

"i know you are far more wiser than what you're speaking right now taehyung." your father never looked back from the already clean pan he was washing. anything to keep him busy.

"uncle please." taehyung sighed dejected. 

"we'll be staying at mr.park's hotel, there's nothing to worry about!"

"jeon, no!" 

you looked at your mother, who immediately looked away from you.

"un-"

"no." your father turned back, looking at all of you. tiredness, worry written all over his face.

you knew he had lost sleep since the past few weeks. 

especially after the threatening scribble on the kitchen walls, which was renovated, but still imprinted in all of your hearts and minds.

"i will not let her step out of this house until the next term starts."

"she'll be dead meat by then." yoongi muttered.

"uncle–please. see, we know you're worried, but just this one time. you heard mrs.kang, bae will be safe as long as taehyung is with her."

"namjoon, at least i expect you to be level headed."

"mr.bae, please."

your father shook his head.

"paa, please? let her have a change of atmosphere."

joohyun gave her puppy eyes-the one that melted all.

your father gulped, almost falling for it.

"see, i only know english and korean. and in both languages, it is a solid no!"

he took of his apron, and kept it on the slab.

placing the casserole on the table, he sat down on the sofa.

you eyed his movements, having no courage to speak up.

and you knew you shouldn't.

last time you managed to seek the permission, you were almost on your death bed.

namjoon looked at taehyung, who in turn looked at jeongguk, who turned to hoseok.

and like that in a chain, the dejected boys, joohyun and yeoubi looked at the last hope.