𝐢. 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐚 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥

sloane parker lived in california her whole life. moving was never in the picture for her. until her 17th birthday when her parents kicked her out.

they gave her a debit card with limited funds and sent her out into the world. some may think this would break sloane but at this point she knew she was the fuck up, most hated out of her siblings, why even care anymore, if they didn't care about her?

'OUTER BANKS PARADISE ON EARTH'

"finally here," she whispered to herself. she looked around at the house that she had managed to acquire with the little money she had budgeted for the move.

the walls were lined with wooden planks that were painted yellow and the house smelled like saltwater. she craved the idea of making it her own and the first step? weed. she pulled out a joint out from her back pocket and lit it.

after finishing the drug she walked outside and took in her surroundings. the trees were low hanging and everything was peaceful.

the sudden contrast became apparent to her, the noise of the LA traffic was no longer surrounding her from every angle. the small town felt like home to her, like she finally belonged.

__________________

it didn't take her long before she was bored of her place and decided to venture. she grabbed her bike and rode until her legs couldn't take her any farther. she stopped outside of a small beaten up house. against the mailbox laid flowers and pictures of a young girl and boy. she admired the photographs almost hearing their stories through the pictures. distracted, she didn't even notice the young blonde walking slowly towards her.

"can i help you?" he said his voice clearly filled with pain.

"hi. god, i'm sorry. i'm new and i was passing through. i tend to take in my surroundings too much and now i'm rambling" she said staring at her feet, embarrassed.

"it's okay. i'm jj" he said smiling slightly at her. drowning in her ocean-colored eyes. he extended his hand towards where she was kneeling on the ground.

"sloane" she said reaching for his hand as he pulled her upward. her smile fell as she noticed the blood on his knuckles and the bruising under his eye. "are you okay?" she said gesturing towards his face.

"oh this?" he blew air from his lips "that's nothing, i tend to not be the best at keeping my hands to myself" he said looking between her eyes and the ground.

"come on. that's like the first rule of preschool. 'keep your hands to yourself'" she exclaimed, a giggle escaping from her lips.

the maybank boy looked her up and down noticing every single detail about her. she was wearing white sneakers with black shorts and a white bikini. she was tanner than most of the girls he'd known from the cut, making him curious to know more about her.

she caught his eyes on her and cleared her throat.
but she couldn't help but admire him as well.

his blonde hair was damp and messy and fell just above his ears. he was wearing flip flops and black shorts and a muscle tank top that showed his toned body sending shivers down sloane's spine.

once they had finished their staring contest their eyes met again.

"you said you were new?" he said breaking the awkward silence between the two.

"yeah. i-i just moved her from california, a little different over here compared to there." she said again catching his eyes.

"you're from california? i've always wanted to surf there. is it awesome? do swells get huge? is it always a surf war in the mornings?" she giggled as he blurted out question after question. "sorry" he whispered feeling a red tint on his cheeks

jj never really showed the nerdy surfer side of himself. he was the best surfer the cut had to offer and knew way more about the sport than he let on.

"yes it is awesome. but i guess you'll just have to come to california to see what it's like." she laughed now noticing the clouds blocking the sun from shining. "uh- i should probably get going, ya know still have to unpack."

"right" he cleared his throat. "well it was nice to meet you ms. sloane." he said finishing his sentence with a british accent.

"you as well kind sir" she said mimicking his accent curtsying towards him.

she grabbed her bike and hopped on as she rode away feeling his eyes on her. her body begged to turn around but her mind knew boys and herself were never a good combination.

_______________
EDITED AS OF 9/16

a/n
(799)
ahhh chapter one doneski! i'm so happy with how this is turning out. please leave your comments :)