xix. judgement day

✹ ✹ ✹ ✹

'and in the middle of my chaos,
there was you.'

'the hearing'

everyone they knew was there. it was a prime time spot for a pogue vs. kook war. each side divided and craving for blood. the kooks sat on the side where the cameron men were, they men were wearing the brightest shade of orange, a nice prison shade.  and the pogues sat behind sarah and john b their section was quite smaller but quality over quantity, right?

"thank you all for coming out to the hearing of john booker routledge and sarah cameron vs. rafe and ward cameron." the judge spoke booming.

"the list of charges against ward cameron include "first degree murder of  'big john'  routledge, murder of cruz ... and ratter ... , and accessor of the murder of sheriff susan peterkin." "the list of charges against rafe cameron stand as first degree murder of sheriff susan peterkin, and possession of a schedule 2 controlled substance."

"the list of charges for sarah cameron include evading police and assisting in the escape of a criminal. john booker routledge's charges include destruction of property, illegal possession of a firearm, motor vehicle theft, evading police, and escape."

as the list of charges were read sloane, jj, kie, and pope had all joined hands.

"rafe and ward cameron were convicted of all charges. rafe was given 30 years in jail for murder charges and 10 years  for possession of a schedule two substance. ward cameron was given 90 years to life in prison."
some of the kooks started yelling causing security to escort them out while the pogues sat grinning ear to ear.
"we are here today to talk about the charges against sarah and john b. please present your case..."

the hearing lasted for hours and the pogues were nervous as hell. there was no way that jb and sarah were walking out with a clean slate.

hours later the court was called back.

"the jury of this case has come to a verdict."
"the court has found sarah cameron guilty for aiding in the escape of a criminal."
a single tear ran down sarah's face.
"and not guilty for the charge of evading the police."
sloane's breath was caught in her throat.

no one moved.
not the pogues.
not the kooks.

"regarding the charges against john booker routledge the jury has found him guilty of illegal possession of a firearm, motor vehicle theft, and escape."
jj's jaw clenched as a sob left his throat. sloane grabbed his hand and squeezed as hard as she could trying to bite her tongue as jj did the same.
"the jury finds john not guilty of destruction of property and evading the police."

"thank you." the judge said as the jury sat.
"sarah cameron will be put on parole for 7 months."
sloane looked at kie with a 'could be worse' look.
"john booker routledge will face 3 months in prison and will then be put on parole for 1 year."
"no." jj said hoarsely as he started to sob. sloane pulled him into her hiding his face in her shoulder as the judge continued to explain.
"as it pertains to the gold no one has claimed it within the 28 day period with documented evidence that it belongs to them. the possession of the gold will be given to john booker routledge."

the judge slammed his gavel. and the hearing ended.

the pogues looked at john b and sarah as they cried together. they both looked back at the crew and smiled knowing the gold was what they had always wanted since the beginning. john b was pulled away from sarah suddenly and was handcuffed.

"wait!" pope screamed.

"we get to say goodbye." kie said.

"no you can't just take him." jj yelled.

sarah started to cry louder as john b called after her.

"sarah! sarah! i love you, okay? i'll be okay. it'll be okay. you can come visit me." he said as they pulled him away and then he looked towards the pogues.

"i love you guys. jj don't be a dumbass.  sloane and kie take care of him and sarah please. and pope help them make smart decisions." he yelled. as they all cried.

"pogues for life!" he yelled as the finally took him out.

sarah's body hit the floor loudly as sloane ran towards her.  she grabbed her and held her while she sobbed, screaming for john b. jj picked her up and carried her to the car. they brought her back to the chateau and everyone stayed right by her side for the next days.

it felt like the world had ended
the moment the judge hit his gavel
and maybe it had.

A/N!
(847)

holy shit omfg
2k READS BRUH WHAT
okay. i'll stop freaking out.

guys this chapter is probably my favorite.
i had to do so much research to try and get the
charges as close as i could.
i'm literally no expert so please be kind.
i'm just trying to help it fit the storyline.

ahh okay
love y'all xx lil