xxx. who hurt you?

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

sloane had fallen asleep drunk last night waking up in her bed. she felt the sun brush her eyes making her groan with pain. she looked next to her and jj wasn't there. she walked towards the kitchen calling for the boy but he wasn't there. she assumed he had just gone to john b's or surfing so she made herself some breakfast trying to forget about the events of last night. she slightly became nervous thinking about the fact that jj would normally leave her a note or a text telling her he was leaving. she picked up her phone and called the boy. no response. she called again. no response. she called john b next.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

"hey jb?"
"hey ms. parker." john b said.
"is jj at your place?"
"no. why?"
"um jaden and my mom showed up last night and i flipped shit and had a panic attack all these things, irrelevant. i woke up and jj wasn't here. normally he texts me or leaves a note. i called him twice and he didn't answer."
"okay. um, me and sarah are coming over and we can look for him okay?"
"okay."
"i'm sure he's fine sloane don't freak out."
'too late' she thought. "yeah. see ya"

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

in a few short minutes the twinkie pulled up outside of sloane's and she walked out tears welling in her eyes.

"sloane he's fine. he's just doing a jj thing." john b said pulling sloane into his arms.

"last time you said that. he stole from a drug dealer, got beat the fuck up by his dad, and bought a hot tub and some fun lights with his restitution money," sarah said stepping out of the van.

"not helping sarah." john b said as sarah took sloane's hand and helped her in the car.

they drove to the beach first and no sign of jj, then to the wreck no sign of jj, and then they drove to his house the last place they would ever want him to be but they needed to check.

john b said he would go inside but both sloane and sarah wouldn't let him go alone. they looked through the screen door to see no sign of luke maybank. they all walked in slowly and carefully trying to make little to no noise after looking around they knew luke was not there.

"jj?" sloane called out into the messy house.

"i'll check the bathroom," sarah said turning towards the corner "nope not in here."

sloane opened the door carefully into what used to be jj's room. his scent flooded her nose as tears started to stream down her face. picture of him as a child laid on the floor shattered from the last time he had come here. sloane couldn't get a hold of herself to even notice that john b and sarah had both wrapped an arm around her.

"jb. we need to find him. somethings wrong i can feel it." sloane said between sobs.

"we will. we will." he said tears welling in his own eyes.

they drove sloane back home as she had started to calm down. as soon as sloane opened the door the doe-eyed blond appeared on the couch in front of her.

"jj?" sloane said running towards him. his face was swollen and bruised his fist was bleeding and bruises covered his body. he hadnt responded to sloane at all.

"jj, dude?" john b said shaking him. sloane took her pointer and middle finger together that were shaking and pressed hard enough to get his pulse on his neck. she felt a sigh of relief but continued to sob.

"jj? baby? please wake up." sloane said trying to get him to stir. "john b roll him so his laying on his back." john b listened quickly as sloane leaned over his lifeless body. she took her pointer finger and made it into a hook and found his sternum and pressed her finger into it hard and twisted. jj sprung up deathly fast rubbing his chest and hyperventilating.

"hey, hey its me." sloane said running her fingers through his hair. he quickly engulfed her in a tight grasp. "sh sh, its okay." sloane said rubbing circles on his back as they both cried.

"jj what happened?" john b said trying to get answers.

"your dad?" sarah asked.

jj shook his head.

"baby, who hurt you?" sloane said pulling his face away from her getting a closer look.

"j-j-jaden." jj said softly knowing that sloane would flip her shit.

"john b take care of him." sloane said standing up and walking out.

"sloane!" jj called out. "john b she'll get hurt. you need to stop her." jj said trying to stand but falling down swiftly.

"she's gonna do it no matter what he says." sarah said rubbing a washcloth against his bloody face.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

A/N!

ALMOST 9k READS
I LOVE YOU ALL
i hope this is good
the next chapter will be
☹︎☹︎☹︎
hope y'all have a good day

xoxo lil