viii. pope, knight in shining board shorts

DISCLAIMER!
mentions of sexual assault

sloane spent the night silently sobbing as jj slept. she hadn't addressed the fact that she almost tried to kill herself and also trying to get over what jj said. love. love was a big word and a foreign concept to sloane.

{california, 5 months ago}

'sloane parker! high school slut'

she slammed her locker shut it as all the guys stared at her laughing. they'd all see her body. she was violated. a guy she thought she was in love with, violated her. took pictures of her unconscious body and sent them around the school. was it sexual assault? yes. but no one cared about sloane, not her parents, siblings, friends, and the school couldn't give a shit. she never let another boy touch her after that...until jj.

she had never slept so she climbed out bed where jj laid peacefully. she left a note on her pillow

'went surfing. be back soon xoxo'

she grabbed her surfboard and walked to the car. but turned away from it quickly and decided to just run to the beach. she needed a release and surfing was something but she needed more. after surfing for an hour she needed to get back to jj. she walked how dripping wet, sleep-deprived as hell. staring at the ground she suddenly bumped into someone. she looked up immediately recognizing pope.

"i'm sorry pope." she tried to squeeze out, tears streaming down her face.

"i'm sorry, do i know you?" he said questioning her knowing his name.

"oh shit sorry. i'm jj's...um jj's... friend." she stuttered. she didn't know what she was to jj and that bothered her.

"oh i see." he looked into her eyes. "are you okay? do you need a ride."

"um yeah, can you take me to my house. i'll show you the way."

"yeah of course," he said picking up her surfboard.

pope drove her to the house quietly barely saying anything. her heart ached to know the friendship that pope and jj used to have she should've just asked him to take her to the chateau so pope didn't have to see jj but it was too late now. they pulled into the chateau and jj ran out to her.

"hey, hey are you okay? you had me scare shitless you leave a note after almost dying last night. you can't fucking do that. okay?" he said grabbing her and pulling her into him causing his shirt to become wet. she nodded in response. "pope, hey dude. um thanks for bringing her home."

"um no-no problem," he said stuttering. they had never been this awkward around each other. "hey j? um, can we talk at some point, just call me okay." jj nodded trying to smile.

he hadnt let go of sloane as he brought her inside.

"bub im okay." she said as she tried to pull away from him but he just pulled her closer. "jj, hun, um i cant breathe," she said coughing out as he squeezed her so tight. "can you take me to bed please?"

he smirked at her picking her up and spinning her around.

he was so in love.

A/N

hi babies! i love y'all so much.
thank you for the votes and the love.
if anyone can guess what the title is from omg.

kk xx lilli