xi. sloane cecilia parker!

"kie?" sloane asked looking at the girl in front of her. jj quickly stood up and ran to sloane's side.

"oh. jj? sorry, i didn't think you'd be here." she whispered looking at jj up and down. "if it's okay with you, sloane, could i talk to you alone?"

"no. you called her a slut and i am not gonna let you just bash my girl." jj defended her. sloanes body shivered at his choice of words. his girl? is that want she is?

"jj stop." she said turning toward him, then back to kie, "yes kie, i'd love to talk."

"sloane" jj whispered pulling her toward him so that kie couldn't hear. "i don't want you to get hurt okay?"

"jj i'm fine. i'm a big girl i can't protect myself. you saw me kick frosted tips' ass just trust me okay. i wanna get to know your friends." she said holding his face in her hands, kissing him softly.

"keep her safe please." jj said turning towards kie.

sloane walked out with kie hopping in her car. they sat quietly while playing some bob marley as they both nodded along. sloane didn't know where they were going and she didn't mind not knowing. kie pulled into the boat launch which leads into the marsh. kie grabbed sloanes hand and pulled her into the boat while kie drove.

"almost 4 months ago we found a boat right in this spot and if i had known that this boat would ruin the pogues i would've stopped everything. i was so happy that finally i had found my family and run away from the kooks." her mind shifted elsewhere as she started to tear up.
"as soon as john b was pronounced dead it broke jj, i'm sure you know that." sloane nodded towards kie.
"i have known that boy for the last 3 years and i had never seen him in so much pain. he was always drunk and hooking up with random tourons and it broke pope and i to watch him go through that," she said continue to stare into the water.
"i let him go. i let him just leave and it hurt me so much. i wanted him to just be okay and i didn't know how to help him."
she paused looking into sloanes eyes. "and then i saw you with jj and it hurt me more than i thought it would. one, to see him, in general, knowing we weren't best friends like normal and two, to see him happy with someone that wasn't me." she said her voice breaking.

sloane looked at kie with shock on her face, kie had feelings for jj.

"i know, i know he's your boyfriend. i probably shouldn't be admitting the fact that i was in love with him at one point." kie tried to reason.

"he's not officially my boyfriend." sloane coughed trying to keep her composure.

"don't say that. that boy is head over heels for you and jj maybank does not just have girlfriends so you are special. the moment i saw him laughing with you all feelings i had for him left quicker than they had come," she whispered looking at the water.

"kie..i don't know what i'm supposed to say." sloane said nervously looking at her feet.

"oh god no, i promise that jj is all yours. i learned the hard way dating a pogue is not something my brain can comprehend. all i'm saying is im sorry, for what i called you. that wasn't fair of me, i was hurting and didn't know what else to do." she smiled at sloane.

sloane walked over to kie and pulled her into a tight hug. kie was hesitant at first but then hugged sloane tighter.

"can we start over?" kie asked.

"of course." sloane said giggling at kie.

they spent the rest of the evening talking about being a kook and what california was like. sloane was musical like kie and that made them bond.

kie drove sloane back home where jj sat on the porch with a beer and a blunt. he ran up to sloane pulling her in for a kiss he tasted like alcohol and weed, sloanes two favorite things. she grabbed the blunt from his hands and took a drag then passed it to kie she took a hit and then handed it back as they giggled.

"your turn" sloane whispered in jj's ear and threw him at kie as kie grabbed his wrist and brought him to the dock that was connected to sloane's house.

"sloane! sloane! sloane cecilia parker!" he yelled as kie pulled him away. sloane blew him a kiss as she walked into the house.

"shut up you big baby," kie said smacking his hand as he tried to push her off him.

"bitch" jj whispered under his breath.

they talked for a while, kie repeatedly telling him that she was sorry for letting him go off the rails. jj explained just how much pain he was truly in and that sloane saved him and kie was overjoyed that jj was finally happy. they had reconciled their differences and shed many tears and hugged many many times.

jj was happy.
it couldn't last forever, could it?

A/N

almost 500 reads! holy shit what? thank you all so much.
should i rewatch obx? i think yes...

xoxo lil