xviii. reunited

today was the day.
john b and sarah were coming home.
the tension was high and everyone was on edge.

jj hadn't slept at all. he spent the night running his hands through sloane's hair and singing to her. she was his greatest distraction and made him feel calm in a time of uncertainty.

sloane woke up around 7 and noticed jj wasn't in bed. she smelled something cooking and immediately jumped out of bed in only a bra and shorts. in the kitchen stood jj frantically trying to cook something.

"jj?" sloane said startling him.

"hi bubba" he whispered. "i'm trying to make breakfast but umm i've realized i'm not cut out for this. but there's some toast in the microwave and i'm trying to make bacon but i'm a little confused," he said embarrassed.

"you're so cute." sloane said grabbing the pan in front of him and taking over and trying to teach him but they both ended up just giggling at his failed attempts. and for that moment and that moment only they both forgot about john b. they sat on the couch and ate trying not to think about what the day had ahead. jj noticed sloane playing with the rings on her fingers that jj had given her.

"hey, it's gonna be okay," jj told her noticing she was fidgeting.

"yeah i know," she said as he placed a kiss on her temple.

"we should get ready. which means i need to go home," she said with a pouty face.

"no. nope. not allowed." jj responded pinning her down. sloane pulled him down and starting kissing him he started to relax which gave sloan the opportunity to flip him over and pin him down which made jj sweat. sloane jumped to her feet kissing him one last time and walking out to her car.

"meet me back here in an hour." jj reminded.

"yessir!" sloane said saluting him.

she drove home with a big smile on her face although she was very nervous. as she got inside she grabbed her favorite top and a pair of shorts throwing on her sneakers and then sitting down thinking about what would happen when john b met her. would he be defensive? would he not like her? it didn't matter now, it was time, time for sloane to met the famous john b and sarah cameron.

she drove to the chateau where jj sat on the porch with kie and pope. jj quickly ran to her and pulled her into him, he needed her. he looked into her eyes and she rubbed his cheek with her thumb and he kissed her deeply.

"god get a room" someone behind the couple suddenly appeared.

there he was...
john booker routledge.
and his kook princess next to him.

kie and pope ran down from the porch and stood in front of the boy and the girl. pope pulled john b into the biggest tightest hug as they all immediately started to cry. kie pulled sarah towards her both of them sobbing. jj hadn't let go of sloane, he was frozen. sloane looked at him confused why he wasn't running to john b. she squeezed his hand trying to tell him that this was real. at that moment jj ran to john b crying not caring anymore about what anyone thought.

"you're such a baby jj." john b said between tears.

"shut the fuck up," jj cried back.

the group was all huddled together hugging and crying. sloane stood close enough to jj so if he needed her she was a grab away. they all stood like this for what felt like years but when your best friend that was presumed dead is actually alive and is there in front of you. you can't not hug him for what feels like forever.

"okay, you guys smell so much like sweat. get off" pope said laughing. their tears had stopped.

"good old pope." john b said.

sloane watched the friends laugh together and couldn't help but start crying herself, jj was happy and that's all sloane could ask for.

"come here," jj said softly pulling sloane into him.

"this is sloane." jj said nervously.

"wow the girl who got jj maybank to settle down." john b said smiling at her. sarah pulled sloane into a hug which made sloane feel relieved as hell.

"hi." sloane said softly wiping away her tears. "i know way too much about you guys for this to be the first time we're meeting." sloane said giggling at them.

they all sat there and laughed,
john b and sarah were home.
life made sense.

A/N!

hi babes
um were almost at 2k reads which is crazy
like what.
also would people be interested if i started
writing a rudy fic
i just thought that with quarantine
people might enjoy that but go ahead and respond

also i feel like this isn't as good
as i wanted it to be but i'm trying my best.

xo lil