xxv. look at me

✰ ✰ ✰

"so you're  really not gonna talk to me." jj said looking at sloane who was laying on the bar counter.

"i'd rather do anything else." she said looking at the ceiling.

"i'm gonna talk then and you just lay there and listen. what i said i didn't mean it, i let jealousy take over. you and pope were getting close and it made my blood boil because you and i were drifting. i know it was my fault for drifting i just needed a distraction." he said trying to get everything he needed to say out. sloane sat in silence tears falling down her face soaking into her hair. "sloane i'm sorry please talk to me. i cant do this shit. i'm the worst at sharing my emotions. you're the first girlfriend i've ever had." he said

"was." sloane whispered.

"what?" jj asked her hearing voice for the first time.

"was. i was your first girlfriend." sloane said sitting up.

"oh so you broke up with me without telling me." he said pissed off.

"i broke up with you the second you called me a slut." she said her voice breaking.

"sl-"

"no my turn to talk." she said cutting him off.
"i talked to you. i let you in. you were the only boy i had ever truly trusted in my life. i was broken when i came here and you fixed me. i wanted to spend the rest of my life with you and now, now i don't know what to think about you. the fact that you would use something you knew would hurt me to degrade me is not the guy i-i fell in love with." she said started to yell and cry.

"are you saying that you don't love me anymore?" jj asked his voice breaking.

"of course i still love you." she yelled. "but you hurt me. and i don't know what to do."

"sloane." he said walking towards her.

"no. stop" she said backing away from him and looking down at the floor. 

"sloane look at me." he said getting even closer to her.

her eyes looked straight at him. it felt like she was drowning in his eyes. her eyes started at his eyes and then to his lips and then his wrist that was bloody and cut up.

"can't keep my hands to myself." he said brushing his thumb against her cheek. she flinched at his touch. "don't be scared of me." he said grabbing the hem of her shirt. "i would never hurt you." he said inches away from her face.

"jj." she said looking into his eyes.

"yes."

"i'm sorry." he shot her a confused glance. "for what i said about your dad and john b."

"i deserved it." he said tilting her chin up towards him.

"i'm still mad at you." she said leaning closer to him.

"i'm sure you are." he said his lips brushing quickly against hers.

"j.." she said pulling him closer to him. they were as close as they could be without actually intertwining themselves. "fuck it." she said pulling him passionately into her. kissing him like there was no tomorrow.

he pulled away "i knew you couldn't resist me."

"shut up" she said pushing him away and giggling.

he walked right back up to her and grabbed the back of her neck and slammed their lips together. this kiss felt different than any kissed they had shared. it held pain and fear as well as love and lust it felt like the sun was bursting through their kiss although it was the middle of the night.

✰ ✰ ✰

it was the next morning and jj and sloane had reconciled their differences. jj awoke first looking at sloanes chest rise and fall as she slept peacefully. her eyes fluttered awake as she turned towards jj.

"you know it's creepy when you stare at me sleeping." she said pushing the hair out of her face.

"you're beautiful i cant help it." he said planting a kiss on her forehead. they both stood up hearing the twinkie pull in.

"okay what's the plan?" she asked.

"we pretend like their plan was ass and maybe like you should smack me right as john b and them walk in." he said

"oooo okay." she agreed looking at the door. the pogues all fell out of the van and came to the door.

"lovebirds have you gotten back together yet?" john b said open the door.

"you're such a fucking asshole" sloane said smacking jj across the face.

"oh shit." the pogues echoed each other.

sloane and jj burst out laughing and jj rubbed his face. the pogues looked at them confused.

"come on losers what are we doing today?" sloane said grabbing jj's hand.

✰ ✰ ✰

the pogues looked at the couple with smiles their plan had worked. all was well.

for now.

A/N
(846)

hi i love you all
4.6k reads
that's crazy man

not that it's gonna end yet
but i don't know how to end this
anything y'all would like to see

xoxo lil