xxii. go back to california

✹ ✹ ✹ ✹

john b walked out of the prison with sarah to be greeted by everyone. jj ran up to him hugging him the tightest john b had ever felt.
"okay dude, can't breathe." he coughed as jj loosened his grip.
pope was next, then kie, and then sloane. sloane looked at john b with tears in her eyes he pulled her into him,
"hi scone." the nickname he'd given her while behind bars.
jj jaw clenched as he saw john b and her giggling with each other.

the most simple way to put it
jj had become a jealous bitch.

sloane and jj were complicated right now. now john b was giggling with his girl. the girl that he had pissed off.

✹ ✹ ✹ ✹
2 weeks ago
✹ ✹ ✹ ✹

"okay jj what the fuck did i do?" sloane said as he had passed up the breakfast she offered him. he never passed up sloane's cooking.

"nothing, okay? sloane just drop it." he said turning away from her.

she took the plate in her hand that had nothing on it and dropped it. it made a shattering noise, causing jj to whip his head around.

"what the fu-" jj said looking at the plate on the ground.

"fine i dropped it, do i have your attention now?" sloane cut him off clearly pissed off. he nodded slightly. "good, now tell me what the hell is your problem."

"you. you, sloane. you're my problem." he said looking at her dead in the eyes.

"what the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"you know how it feels to come home and see you sitting on the couch giggling up next to another guy. am i supposed to be just okay with that? you leave randomly during the day i don't know where you are and then you come home and crawl into bed with me and act as if nothing happened." he said full-on yelling by the end.

"what the hell jj? i only hang out with pope to try and get to know you and your friends better, i missed out on maybe the most important summer of your life and pope fills me in on the things that i missed he also reminds me of my brothers. as well as the fact that's he's  just a good friend who listens without taking things too personally," she said emphasizing the last sentence.

"wow sloane...real classy," he said stepping away from how close he'd been to her face.

"i leave during the day to visit john b, okay? every thursday i visit john b for an hour or so. don't accuse me of doing things i'm not. j you know i love you."

"yeah well, it hasn't seemed like it lately. you ignore me 90% of the time."

"maybe if you stopped being such an asshole i wouldn't have to ignore you," she said stepping up to his face.

"me? are you serious? you pretending to give a fuck about john b is honestly hilarious."

"jj i do care about john b." sloane said backing down hurt by his words

"just go back to california and be the highschool slut," he said his voice breaking. that statement hurt her more than anything anyone had ever said to her in her life. she looked him in the eyes and smacked him.

"get out," she said pushing him back while she started to cry. he couldn't believe what he said he knew it was the worst possible thing he could say and it flew out of his mouth like word vomit.

"GET OUT. GO BACK TO YOUR ABUSIVE DAD JJ OR YOUR BEST FRIEND THAT'S IN PRISION,"

'the words didn't hurt me
the person who said them did.'

A/N!
(682)

hi everyone
um were at 3.6k reads
and 220 votes
hit me with a shovel

okay this chapter was honestly
so fun to write like jj's shit is about
to get rocked
i hope y'all don't like freak out
for what either character said.
i think it's kinda fun when they like
almost murder each other
bahahah okay

xoxo lil