𝐯. 𝟖 𝐝𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐬, 𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝

8 days had passed since jj and sloane had met and truth be told they had not spent a moment apart and neither of them wanted to.

sloane had learned more about jj in 8 days than she'd learned about anyone in her 17 years of being alive. and he was different, because she made him feel alive again every moment he would hold her and tell her she was worth it.
most of the nights they spent together jj spent telling her about john b and the pogues and she would just sit and listen.

she knew he was hurting constantly. he told her that he had been trying to mask it with alcohol and weed and random hookups, but with her it felt like he could be himself.

the flip side of it all was that jj barely knew anything about her, she was so used to closing herself off that she couldn't let anyone in, not even jj and he didn't pry her to. she didn't know what they were or if he was with other girls all she knew was that she wanted him no matter what.

_____________

jj had stayed clear of 'the wreck' ever since kie and him stopped talking, but he had promised sloane they would explore his favorite places. and even with everything going on he couldn't skip this place.

the two walked into the the wreck, sloane's hand in blond's. sloane eyed the surroundings while jj subconsciously searched for kie. not seeing her he cautiously proceeded forward watching as sloane looked at all the different people with a giant smile on her face.

he could look at her for the rest of his life.

a young waitress sat them and took their order. sloane started to tell him a story but noticed his mind was somewhere else. "hey bubba?" she said reaching out for his hand that rest on the table. he hummed in response still lost in thought. "you seem a bit distracted. you okay?"

"yeah. i'm sorry. i'm just anxious about running into kie ya know, i mean it's been two months but she still probably hates my entire being." he said softly so that only sloane could hear.

"it's okay we'll just get food and go. okay?" she whispered squeezing his hand. he nodded in response.

the two had started to laugh at the scars that were starting to form from where sloane had punched topper. a girl appeared to the side of them with plates of food. they both looked up and immediately wanted to run.

"uh here's your food." kie whispered setting the plates in front of them. jj looked at kie with heartbreak in his eyes. how could she go from being his best friend to pretending he didn't exist?

"thank you," sloane said. silently begging her to walk away, and she did.

the rest of dinner was quiet, jj hadn't let go of sloane's hand. they both ate as quickly as possible jj staring at kie hoping they could somehow just go back to the way it used to be.

he looked over his shoulder to the corner table where just 3 months ago he danced with his friends. it now was empty leaving the same emptiness in his heart. he turned back to sloane as a tear ran down his cheek. sloane couldnt help seeing him in pain.

"j, go to the car, i'll pay." she said pulling him toward her. he nodded, taking one last glance at kie saying a silent goodbye. when he got into the car he broke down, screaming and punching the middle console cracking open the cuts on his knuckles.
____________
meanwhile inside, sloane stood up and walked to bar hoping to god anyone but kiara would come to take her money. but why would the world make her life easy?

"hi." she said softly as kie took the card from between sloane's fingers.

"you don't have to do the whole 'hi' thing" kiara spat eyeing the girl.

"damn, i'm sorry i was just trying to be polite." she responded quickly. "look it's not my place i know but"

"if you know it's not your place then stay the hell out of it. simple as that. i'm sure your just slut of the week anyways" she cut her off eye balling sloane up and down.

sloane looked at kie and knew in some alternate reality kie and herself would be friends and from what jj had told her she seemed a lot like her friends from back home.

"have a good night kie." she smiled towards the girl who had been nothing but rude to her.

she walked out of the restaurant towards her car she couldn't help but notice jj wasn't in the car. she looked around but he was gone. their stares gone.

the eight days of bliss were gone.

__________

𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝟎𝟏/𝟎𝟕/𝟐𝟏

a/n!

(864)

hi everyone. just wanted thank you all for the reads. honestly this is my first book so i'm not good at writing at all but i'd love for you all to comment anything. tell me something bout you or whatever you want.

also i know that kie doesn't act like this in show but this side of herself, it's there and i feel like this is how she would act if this happened.

xxx lil