xxxiii. the end of time

10 years later

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

"hi my little baby." sloane said walking over to the crib that sat in the corner of the room. the baby cooed looking at sloane with doe eyes. sloane picked up the baby and rocked it as she walked out of the room. "mommy loves you so much." sloane said placing a kiss on the baby's head.

"mama" the baby cooed.

"how are my favorite girls?" jj said grabbing the baby out of sloane's arms and placing a kiss on her forehead. jj's hair laid messy on his head and the stubble on his face had started to poke through. sloane walked onto the wrap around porch that led out to the patio. she looked out into the water leaning against one of the columns that supported their house.

jj had followed his dream of living in his kook house. their house sat on the edge of the cut and figure eight. the house was white with navy blue shutters which were sloane's only request for the house. the two of them had gotten married 3 years ago and started their family shortly after. grey who was 3 and parker who was a year and a half.

"wheres grey?" sloane asked as jj walked to where she was standing.

"he told me he wanted to practice his sword fighting skills." jj said giggling "oh there he is." jj said pointing to the little boy who had a stick in hand and was gesturing toward an imaginary figure. the boy had curly brunette hair that fell just past his ears. the girl that cooed in jj's arms had light blond hair looking like her dad.

"he's definitely your son." sloane said looking at the blond next to her.

"hey he's OUR son, where else would he get that curly hair from?" jj said running a hand through sloane's hair. sloane leaned into jj who was still holding parker as she made bubbling noises with her lips.

"grey come inside please!" sloane called out.

"nooo. i wanna playyyy." he said whining.

"the pogues are coming for brunch i need you to come and get cleaned up." sloane said turning towards the kitchen.

"uncle john!" jj yelled.

"oh my god jj he's not your uncle." sloane said annoyed at her husband.

"he might as well be." jj said remembering the old days.

"can you please pick out a nice outfit for grey? not something stupid." sloane scolded jj.

"me? picking something stupid? never." he said grabbing grey and throwing him over his shoulder as the little boy giggled. sloane pulled out the orange juice from the fridge and started making a fruit bowl for the kids. once she was done jj walked out with grey wearing one of jj's old t-shirts and some shorts.

"will you ever dress him in some of his actual clothes that aren't yours?" sloane said walking over and ruffling greys hair. a car horn beeped while sloane walked around the house.

"nope, he's a baby me." jj said grabbing the boy and putting him on his shoulders.

"i wanna be just like you daddy." grey said letting his arms fly out like a plane.

"no you don't bubba." sloane said grabbing parker who sat on the grass.

"GREYSON!" john b yelled running towards the boy.

"my best friend loves my kid more than he loves me" jj said clamping john b's palm with his and bringing him in for a hug.

"i'm sorry that your kid is cooler than you." john b said laughing.