𝐢𝐯. 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐡 𝐭𝐨𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐩𝐬

tw , eating disorder mentions!

the next morning, sloane awoke intertwined with jj, her legs ached from the way they had slept. she looked toward the door and the light hit her eyes and the hangover took over her.

she moaned a painful groan grabbing her forehead. she felt jj stir and couldn't help but run her fingers through his hair. he nuzzled into her chest she stopped to pull him closer.

"no don't stop" he mumbled into her chest as he pulled her hand back up to his head.

after sitting there for a couple of minutes she finally sat up immediately regretting moving at all. the sickness came over her like a wave as she stood up looking towards the back rooms noticing one cracked open that was the bathroom.

she ran towards there trying to hold down the little amount of food she'd eaten over the last few days but ended up emptying it all out. jj stood up slowly hearing her gag he ran to her side holding her hair back, rubbing small circles on the lower half of her back. once she had stopped he brought her a glass of water, as she chugged it craving the taste of vomit to leave her mouth

"well that's embarrassing," she said giggling at his messy hair. she was never really the best with hangovers.

"ya know you're not the only girl i've had to do that for," he said smiling down at her wearing his shirt she'd thrown on when she got out of bed. she rolled her eyes as he let out a morning giggle.

she walked toward the kitchen picking up pieces of trash she saw on her way. it was a habit of hers to clean, maybe it was part of her ocd or just the girl inside of her. she noticed the pictures on the wall. there were only a few of them that jj was actually in. she noticed it was the same boy whose picture laid against the mailbox outside of the house.

"hey j?" she asked as he hummed in response. "who is this?" she said pointing toward the picture. a knob in his throat grew closer as she spoke. he never opened up especially about john b.

__________
~2 months ago~

"jj you can't just push us away."
kiara screamed as jj walked away from her.
"jj" she yelled after him.

he turned towards her pushing away the tears that craved to be let out
"kie i can't look at you and pope without seeing him, without feeling him. i don't know if you forgot but john b is..was..all i had and now he's gone i can't." he yelled his voice breaking "i can't see you guys anymore"
__________

jj snapped back to reality as sloane looked him in the eyes. "uhm that's my best friend john b." he plastered a forced smile across his face.

"he looks like a lot of fun. i assume this is his house." she smiled looking at his face focused on the pictures in front of him.

"yeah um. he um..went missing at sea about 3 months ago," he said tears welling in his eyes.

she grabbed his shirt and pulled him towards her. her touch rendered him speechless, & for once he let his emotions go. he let out quiet sobs which led sloane to pull him into her. she rubbed small circles in the soft patch of his back, shushing him softly he slowly started to calm down.

she looked into his eyes and kissed him softly.
"do you want some breakfast bub?" she said as she turned toward the kitchen.

"if you can find anything other beer and some moldy bread, i'd love some," he said going to sit.

sloane looked in the fridge and he was right about the lack of food. she found bread that was still good and eggs from the chickens that made noise outside the house.

within 10 minutes she had made french toast for him. he scarfed it down let he hadn't eaten in days. a smile spread across her face as she watched him fall in love with what she had made. sloane had learned to cook from the many moments where her mom and dad had been away and she had to constantly feed and take care of her siblings. he looked at her frail composure wondering why she wasn't eating as well.

"hey, you aren't eating?" he whispered looking at her watching him.

"not really hungry," she said smiling at him. she never really ate that much due to food being limited with all 3 of her siblings and now that she was in the outer banks nothing had really changed. although the fact that she was more self-conscious than ever and being with jj didn't help.

jj jumped up from his spot on the kitchen counter and walked towards her, french toast bite in hand. he wrapped his arms around her swirling the fork full of syrupy mess in front of her and pushing the bite towards her, she tried to pull away but the syrup hit her lips causing her to open her mouth. she smiled watching jj giggle at her and in that moment she never wanted to leave.
_________

EDITED AS OF 10/06 !

a/n
(932)

hi babes, i hope this gives a little backstory into what happen between the pogues after john b left i promise it will be explained more but i wanted to give more and more into the relationship between sloane and jj :)

xxxx lil