xxiii. the perfect drug

✹ ✹ ✹ ✹

"what happened between the golden couple?" john b whispered to sarah looking at sloane and jj standing as far away from each other as possible.

"bad, bad things. bad things were said.wait, i thought we were the golden couple." sarah whispered back.

"we are, val." he said kissing her temple causing her to giggle the nickname had stuck for the amount of time that they were missing plus his time spent in jail.

"alright pogues! day one of freedom! what we doing?" he said looking around he was met with stares. "wow y'all really did nothing without me." he said running over to the hms pogue. "get in." he said gesturing towards everyone.

everyone got in except for sloane.

"scone whatcha doing?" john b asked her.

"this is a pogue thing and i'm not a pogue so i'm just gonna go home." she looking at her fingers nervously. she'd avoided any direct eye contact with jj for 2 weeks now.

"stop it. get in." pope and kie said pulling her into the boat.
she knew she wouldn't win the fight so she came willingly. she dreaded being in a closed capacity of jj she wanted to beat the shit out of him for even having the audacity to look at her.

✹ ✹ ✹ ✹

"ok let's play a game." john b said stopping the boat in the middle of the marsh.

"what game?" jj said breaking his ongoing silence.

"wow you guys he speaks." sarah said giggling at jj.

"truth or dare." john b said looking around the group.

sloane new this was an immediate trap to get her to talk to jj. she stood up and threw off the shirt she was wearing to cover her bikini and jumped into the water.

"sloane what the hell?" kie said calling after the girl.

"going for a swim." sloane said looking back at kie.

"sloane...it's dangerous." jj said. the first words he'd spoken to her in 2 weeks.

"fuck you jj" she said yelling towards the boat. due to surfing she was probably the strongest swimmer in the cut. it took her no time to be completely out of the view of the pogues.

✹ ✹ ✹ ✹

"jj what the fuck did you do to her?" pope said back on the boat.

"don't fucking ask about it. especially you." he said looking at pope.

"what the hell jj? you need to go blow off steam." kie said looking at jj with pain.

"i'm fine. i'm- fine." he said his voice breaking.

he would not let the pogues see him cry so he turned away and jumped off the boat and swam to the closest piece of land.

"jj!" everyone on the boat called out to him.

✹ ✹ ✹ ✹

his mind was full of nothing but anger towards himself for what he said to sloane, how could he be so stupid? his eyes darted around noticing he was near caleb's house.
caleb was who jj would get his weed from. he walked inside caleb's open door and grabbed as much weed as he could with the money he had. he walked home. home was the chateau currently where he would sleep and dream of sloane.
the way she made others laugh, the way her body somehow fit perfectly into his, the way she knew exactly what to say to calm down, the way she always tasted like cherry coke and weed.

✹ ✹ ✹ ✹

she was the perfect drug.

✹ ✹ ✹ ✹

a/n
(598)

i know this is short
but i though i'd give y'all
a 3rd chapter today
the love i've received
from this is incredible
thank you all

xoxo lil