xxi. behind bars

1 month of john b in prison

sarah had eventually went back to the chateau the memories of john b stopped hurting and became more of a comfort she even started to develop a normal schedule wake up, eat something enough to get her energy high normally something sloane would bring over, go visit john b for as long as she could, she'd go home and make dinner and one of the girls would come over and they watch movies until sarah fell asleep and they would leave. everyone just wanted to make sarah was safe.

kie had worked over and over again, trying to numb the pain remembering the fact that john b was locked in a cell right now. kie would spend the most time with sarah and tried to get her mind off of everything.

pope had spent the most time with jj other than sloane. they'd go surfing and talk about john b they'd also go and visit him mostly together. pope was focused on his scholarship most of the time. he was working harder than ever for his dad. he was pushing himself harder than ever before.

sloane was either working or consoling her friends. she and jj would spend nights getting drunk and dancing around the house. it felt like they were almost running out of things to do. sloane didn't know john b very well but she'd go visit him every thursday and tell him about her and he'd tell her about their pogue adventures. no one knew that sloane would go visit him. john b wouldn't tell anyone and sloane wouldn't either. she wanted it to be time where she could learn more about her friends without their input. when jj told sloane john b was the glue of the pogues he was right it made them whole.

jj was in his head most of the time. he was only alive when he was with sloane. it was much easier when john b was 'dead' at least he didn't have to know that in a prison 30 minutes from him john b was sitting waiting to be let out. jj would go visit john as much as he could. he mostly would talk about sloane, his escape. she was the only thing keeping him from going off the rails and he knew that when he was with her he could not worry about jb.

✹ ✹ ✹ ✹

2 months of john b in prison

sarah had started to feel normal again. counting down the days till john b would come home. she'd been spending a lot of time with wheezie. with the chateau empty wheezie would come over for sleepovers with sarah and sometimes kie and sloane would come as well. sarah had gotten used to the routine and she had started to live again.

kie had started to hang out with the kooks again she would go to their parties and tan on their fancy boats. she wasn't working much anymore but her dad didn't care cause she hanging out with the kooks. jj and pope obviously didn't approve but kie was happy to have a break from the overall pogue sadness.

pope had started to slow down the amount of work and pressure he was putting on himself he would spend more of his time running around with jj and sloane, making dumb decisions.

sloane had gotten closer with pope and they'd spend weekends together while jj would work. sloane and jj had slowly started to lose each other. sloane would work weekdays and jj would work weekends they really only saw each other at night when sloane would walk into their room and wrap her arms around him. her safe place was in his arms.

jj had become more distracted than ever he had started to work more and see people less. he knew that it was all him trying to get rid of the idea of john b in a cell. he had barely gone to visit him that month at all. he would come home from work on the weekends and he would hear her laugh. but she was laughing with pope and not jj and for that reason he would just run to the room barely saying anything to sloane and pope.

✹ ✹ ✹ ✹

3 months of john b in prison

✹ ✹ ✹ ✹

a/n

ahhh
i just needed to get
these months over
john b will be home
next chapter also i'm sorry
normally i post twice a day
but i wasnt feeling this story for a second
and i realized i need john b home
so that's what's gonna happen

i'm sorry if this is bad

xoxo lil