𝐯𝐢. 𝐬𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞

disclaimer! mentions of suicidal thoughts

as sloane drove from 'the wreck' she realized she'd barely been home in the last week. her eyes started to fill with tears. was it over?

sloane and jj, just forgotten. she may have been dramatic but her trauma had permanently damaged relationships for her. the ride home radiated the smell of overthinking and tears. every few minutes sloane let out a soft sob trying to conceal it like always.

she finally pulled into her driveway quickly walking onto the porch clutching her brunette waves. she grabbed her surf board and immediately loaded it into the car and drove, not looking back. surfing was always an escape for her and that's exactly what she was gonna do.

it was dark and the sound of the waves clouded her mind as she ran in. taking wave after wave and paddling back out when her legs grew tired she sat on her board looking out into what seemed like the never ending ocean.

that's when it hit her everything she'd bottled up and kept from him hit the fan.

her body froze as her breath started to increase pace. she missed her family no matter what they had done to her they were still her family. sloane had two brothers salem and forrest and a sister havenly. sloane was the oldest and was the glue of them all.

she took care of them and made sure they were fed and loved, she wondered how they were without her. she hadn't talked to them since the move, how could she? she hated her parents for ripping her away from the only thing she ever knew.

she snapped out of her thoughts as she heard a surfboard slicing through waves. she looked to her right and saw him, of course, of course the first thing they both wanted to do was to surf.

he hadn't noticed her. but as he paddled back out he saw a dark figure in the water and he swam toward.
she didn't know what to do she was frozen she didn't just wanna leave. he was her everything. the only person she knew here was him and she couldn't just walk away.

he finally recognized the outline of sloane's body. he knew that body like the back of his hand. he kept swimming towards as if he just let the tide take him and it led him to her.

"hi." she whispered softly not exactly knowing what to say.

"hi." he voiced back. they sat in the silence of the crashing waves. soon the wind started to pick up sending shivers through sloane's skin.

"come on let's go in." he said reaching out his hand.

she wanted to take it so bad she wanted his arms around her trailing kisses all over her body but she was hurt. one, by letting kie's words get to her, 'slut of the week' is that all she was to him? two, by him just leaving, sloane felt like she knew him and he probably just needed to be anywhere other than 'the wreck', but did he even think about her feelings?

she paddled in rejecting his hand and swallowing the lump in the back of her throat craving for sobs to be let out.

suddenly a wave came out of nowhere and hit sloane hard in the back knocking her off the board and get swallowed by the wave. in the back of her mind she felt the urge to fight but weight over took her.

she didn't fight.
she didn't want to fight.
she didn't care to be alive.
'save me' she cried
but not to him
to herself.
save me.
save me.
fight.

that's when the pull hit her. jj swam as fast as he could  to get her and pulled her onto the shore. although not being under for awhile she had hit her head on the board causing her too lose consciousness.

"no. no. sloane? you can't leave me okay." his words shaking as he tried to gain her consciousness. he could see she was breathing but slow and shuddered
"please don't take her away. not her." he pleaded. to who? no one knew but he begged.
"NO! please." he sobbed over her.

A/N!

EDITED AS OF 1/22/21
(760)

ahhh i'm sorry to leave it like this.
but guess you'll just have to keep reading.

also yes 'her' and 'him'
are supposed to be italicized :)

thank you all for the reads and votes.
means the world to me.

xxx lil